Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crash boom, hubby dumps motorcycle

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default crash boom, hubby dumps motorcycle

less than 1 block from home, hubby's spills his motorcycle tonight. Front tire hit slimy wet patch on the road and down he went. Bike will cost a few $ to fix back up and hubby dislocated his shoulder and popped it back in before going to dr. He'll be fine. He'll drive me absolutely insane, but he'll be fine. He will heal right up, but he'll drive me crazy in the process. Goodbye what was left of my sanity. I'll miss you.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruziska View Post
    less than 1 block from home, hubby's spills his motorcycle tonight. Front tire hit slimy wet patch on the road and down he went. Bike will cost a few $ to fix back up and hubby dislocated his shoulder and popped it back in before going to dr. He'll be fine. He'll drive me absolutely insane, but he'll be fine. He will heal right up, but he'll drive me crazy in the process. Goodbye what was left of my sanity. I'll miss you.
    So glad he will be OK! It could have been much worse. At least he will be around to drive you crazy
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Isn't love grand! So glad he's okay. Lots of extra bonding time(grin).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I apologize if I sounded callous in the initial thread. I didn't mean to. I do love him dearly. We've been together 30 years and our 24th anniversary is in a few weeks. My hubby is one of those lucky few who rarely gets sick and gets injured even less. He has no patience and a low pain tolerance which makes him a big pain! but I mean that nicely. I told him I'd take care of him but I warned him to behave himself and watch his tongue or he'll really be hurting (insert evil laugh here). He's awake. Duty calls...

Thanks

I know how you feel Ruziska. My husband is a very strong man, he hardly ever gets sick, but when he does get sick, unlike most men, he doesn't complain. He is a model patient.

A few years ago he did his Achilles tendon in, it actually snapped. He had to be off work for 4 months, and couldn't drive all that time. He drove me crazy in the car, telling me all the things I was doing wrong etc... I used to get so angry with him and more than once stopped the car and told him to get out and walk home (hobble on his crutches) or be quiet and let me drive. Very soon he got the hint. And I might have seemed mean, kicking a cripple man out of the car to hobble home, but let me tell you, he could use those crutches heaps faster than some people could run. Besides he wasn't in any pain after the initial operation.

I did love him being home though, because he did all the housework, cooking, etc... while I worked. He would sit on the office chair and scoot around the house. He had so much fun. He even lost alot of weight. He didn't like being off work for that long though, he got bored of it, and at times I could see he was getting a touch depressed. But he got over it all when he went back to work.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

I'm giggling here as I remember my ex-husband after knee surgery. I remember drinking lots of wine at that time...Hmmmm??

Just had to see how you were holding up. You seem good. That a girl!

Thanks

Oh Rita behave yourself woman, it could have been really worse than what it was but i'm glad he's ok and telling the poor bloke to behave you've not got a kid or a dog around you, he's your everloving husband.

So loads of gentle care and healing hands.lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm pleased and amazed at how well not only how he is doing, but how well he is behaving! Seriously, when that guy gets the sniffles he acts like the world is crashing down on him. We've actually had a great weekend together. He hasn't totaled up the damages to the bike yet and I'd rather not be around when he does...

Thanks

Well it's nice to hear he's doing fine but if he starts playing up just let me know and i'll send my staffs spare collar and lead (only joking mate)
    Alot of men do want the sympathy vote regular and do keep you on your feet.

Glad you both have had a smashing weekend together and if he starts about the price for the damage hit him over the head mate, as you don't want stress making you any worse.

((Hugs to you both)) xxx

Thanks

Yikes! So glad to hear it wasn't more serious and DH (and his bike) and are on the mend).