Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a nurse due to heart attack

Thanks

Default Getting a nurse due to heart attack

Hello everyone. To my surprise, I got a phone call informing me that I am getting a nurse to come to my home to check on me since the "suspected" heart attack. Maybe the doctors didn't want to tell me I had a heart attack because they didn't want me to have a heart attack upon hearing the news. SO, I will let you know what happened when she leaves.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Thanks

For a nurse to come in something as happened to you and you was ill at the time as i remember your post you added.

I wish you all the very best and it's just a general checkup and not related to an actual heart attack.

((Hugs Terri)) xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

mrstjscott (06-10-2011)

Thanks

Hmmm. Maybe it's time to request your records? It definitely sounds like the doctor didn't tell you the whole story - which you have a right to know so you can give accurate info to other doctors who treat you. At the very least, your cardiologist should be talking to your rheumy about what happened to you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

mrstjscott (06-10-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrstjscott View Post
    Hello everyone. To my surprise, I got a phone call informing me that I am getting a nurse to come to my home to check on me since the "suspected" heart attack. Maybe the doctors didn't want to tell me I had a heart attack because they didn't want me to have a heart attack upon hearing the news. SO, I will let you know what happened when she leaves.
    someone told me once something that rang true about certain doctors. They'll only tell you what they think you can handle knowing and sometimes that means they won't tell you what you should know because of how they think you will handle it. It's another reason it's so important for us to be vigilante advocates of our own health. If I were in your shoes, I'd definitely be calling that doctor and finding out what the heck did and didn't actually happen and why weren't you told about any of it.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SandyR For This Useful Post:

mrstjscott (06-10-2011), steve.b (06-10-2011), tgal (06-10-2011)

Thanks

This is slightly off topic but I love the show mystery diagnosis and there was a woman on there once that always knew something was wrong with her, went to the doctor, they found something, told her to have surgery. She still had issues and eventually found out they lied to her about what they had done during her surgery! They had found out she had a weird genetic disease called Swyer syndrome and she was technically like a man or something. Always make sure your doctors tell your everything lol I hope you figure out what exactly has been going on with you!
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit For This Useful Post:

mrstjscott (06-10-2011)

Thanks

This is what my release from the hospital papers say: The main reason you were in the hospital was: Atypical Chest Pain
    Other health issues that you have include: SLE, Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation.
    Procedures that you had in the hospital include: NONE
    Inportant tests that you had in the hospital were: 6/2 Nuclear stress: no chest pain/EKG changes/arrhythmias. Normal myocardial perfusion study.
    5/31 CT chest: No PE.
    Apical left ventricular thinning and low attenuation suggest possible ischemic insult.
    The doctor said that they are almost positive I had a heart attack but because the blood work came back ok, then they won't say I certainly did. However, a catscan revealed trauma to my heart.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrstjscott View Post
    This is what my release from the hospital papers say: The main reason you were in the hospital was: Atypical Chest Pain
    Other health issues that you have include: SLE, Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation.
    Procedures that you had in the hospital include: NONE
    Inportant tests that you had in the hospital were: 6/2 Nuclear stress: no chest pain/EKG changes/arrhythmias. Normal myocardial perfusion study.
    5/31 CT chest: No PE.
    Apical left ventricular thinning and low attenuation suggest possible ischemic insult.
    The doctor said that they are almost positive I had a heart attack but because the blood work came back ok, then they won't say I certainly did. However, a catscan revealed trauma to my heart.
    The ischemic part caught my attention. Ischemia - lowering or loss of blood in a particular organ or part of it, in this case you left ventricle which is in your heart. This is why your doctors are almost positive of a heart attack. Aside from severe trauma in the heart or another part of the body or surgery involving a heart bypass, there is no real reason I can think of for your heart to experience blood loss other than a stroke/heart attack.

Do you have a cardiologist? I hope the ER docs asked you to follow up with one.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SandyR For This Useful Post:

mrstjscott (06-10-2011)

Thanks

The nurse will come back twice next week and then twice the week after that.

Thanks

Thank you Sandy. NOBODY - I mean NOBODY has even explained anything like that to me. I have a cardiology appointment on 6/16/11.

Thanks

The doctors act like my records are NOT for me to see. I was actually looking at my records one day, while waiting for the doc to come in, and the nurse came in and snatched the records from me. I said, "aren't those records about me? Then why can't I look at them". She gave me a dirty look and walked away with my records.