Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HA! Fell asleep @ Work and got reported & got a warning :(

Thanks

Default HA! Fell asleep @ Work and got reported & got a warning :(

Sorry, guys need to vent....................

So on Monday in the afternoon around 2:30 my eyes started to hurt and I took my glasses off and rubbed my eyes and then I guess I nodded off. I felt like my eyes were glued shut to the point where the sandman had me in choke hold and I was a goner. Well it felt like a few minutes but in those few minutes I was reported by two people at Work ha-ha. Forgive me if I sound a little crazy but I have been having a lot of difficulties at work and it seems to be getting worse.

But this is the first time I fell asleep at work, but I have had this feeling before where my body goes into hibernate mode; where my eyes start hurting and sometimes there is a headache and then my fight against the sandman begins it has happened at home a couple times where I wake up on my couch hours later not remembering how I got there. Or I have woken up on the floor and again no memory or recollection on how I got there (pretty scary).

Does this happen to anyone else?

On another note I guess my doctor deemed me to be able to work and my work told me told that even thou I have Lupus my doctor said it wonít affect my work............Like ummmmmm what the H*ll?

I donít even know what to say! Shouldnít my doctor know that even thou I can go to work, Iím still not 100 % healthy and that I struggle some days?

AmandaPanda
    "We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils.

Thanks

All I can say is I fell asleep 6times going home from work one day. I live 40 minutes from my office. The lupus had me pretty done in that day. So sorry to hear it happens to you too.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

yes, i do nothing and still need my papa naps.

lupus never affects work..............if you dont work to begin with.
    for the rest of you, fatigue, stress, sore, run down, sick.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've done this several times. Luckily, everyone is understading where I work, they ask if I'm ok

Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by panda_lupo View Post
    Sorry, guys need to vent....................

So on Monday in the afternoon around 2:30 my eyes started to hurt and I took my glasses off and rubbed my eyes and then I guess I nodded off. I felt like my eyes were glued shut to the point where the sandman had me in choke hold and I was a goner. Well it felt like a few minutes but in those few minutes I was reported by two people at Work ha-ha. Forgive me if I sound a little crazy but I have been having a lot of difficulties at work and it seems to be getting worse.

But this is the first time I fell asleep at work, but I have had this feeling before where my body goes into hibernate mode; where my eyes start hurting and sometimes there is a headache and then my fight against the sandman begins it has happened at home a couple times where I wake up on my couch hours later not remembering how I got there. Or I have woken up on the floor and again no memory or recollection on how I got there (pretty scary).
    Has anyone checked to make sure these aren't seizures? The fact that you wake up with no memory of how you got on the couch or the floor is suspicious. Also, your "warning" of eye pain and headache. A neurologist would be the person to see, but your PCP might be able to set up an EEG while you wait for an appointment. Make sure you go to the EEG with as little sleep as possible. If you are having seizures, your employer should remove your warning from your file and make accomodations for you.

Thanks

I wish!! People understood even my boss was like I know nothing of lupus and I was considering sending her some links on lupus but now I dont know if she would even read it

Im going to see my Rhummy in July? Im wondering if I should get him to write another note for work? or Is that just silly?

AmandaPanda
    "We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by panda_lupo View Post
    I wish!! People understood even my boss was like I know nothing of lupus and I was considering sending her some links on lupus but now I dont know if she would even read it

Im going to see my Rhummy in July? Im wondering if I should get him to write another note for work? or Is that just silly?
    Does that mean you have been checked for seizures? I would certainly let him know about what is happening with you and how it is affecting not only your work buy your safety at home. He cannot ignore that.

Thanks

No i havent been check for seizures, but i will let him know for sure! and I will keep you updated on what he says my appointment to see him in on July 7th

are the sleep spells and seizures the same thing?

AmandaPanda

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Has anyone checked to make sure these aren't seizures? The fact that you wake up with no memory of how you got on the couch or the floor is suspicious. Also, your "warning" of eye pain and headache. A neurologist would be the person to see, but your PCP might be able to set up an EEG while you wait for an appointment. Make sure you go to the EEG with as little sleep as possible. If you are having seizures, your employer should remove your warning from your file and make accomodations for you.

May I ask what a EEG?

AmandaPanda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh i feel for you as i did it many times and its not funny.Your doctor should be able to give you a note explaining this can happen.I have insomnia.One day i went for my break.2 hours later i woke hahahahahahaha.I felt so ill i didnt care what happened.Funny part is...noone missed me hahahahahaha and i was the receptionist.I felt better for the sleep though hahahahaha.Oh the joys of being sick.....NOT!!
    love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx