Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have hyper pigmentation in V shap on chest?

Thanks

I posted pics from my Droid. They should be in my profile. I am at work and my main pc is down. Check and see someone. The vein you will see is from the thyroiditis. I just get prettier and prettier from this SLE. Lol

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE VALIDATION!

Thanks

OK I DID IT! I was able to put my Vtan pic in my profile. If you go there and click on it and then click on the picture that comes up it will enlarge it and you will see the darkened area. It's darker than the picture, but it should give you an idea. I hope. I was also able to add my face to the Avatar. LOL I am so proud of myself! If my kids could see me now! Hope this picture helps.

Thanks

Yes, I think that we have definitely struck on yet another tell-tale sign that our docs can ignore!
    Hugs,
    Marla

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-09-2011), tgal (06-09-2011)

Thanks

The V shape to the neck is LESION'S OF LUPUS also known as Hyperpigmentation or Hypopigmentation.

LUPUS OF THE SKIN
    What are the symptoms of cutaneous lupus?

Cutaneous lupus includes a variety of symptoms of skin rashes, where exposure to UV light triggers a rash and can be seen on the inside of the mouth or nose.

What do the rashes look like?

The rashes of cutaneous lupus can appear in various forms they include the following: A butterfly rash a very distinctive rash that could extend across the cheeks of the face and the bridge of the nose. It may be flat or raised, bright red or just mild coloring, light pink color in the skin. The face shows the rash in a pattern like a butterfly, the wings being beneath both eyes and the body covers the bridge of the nose.

Another rash is a discoid rash which is coin shaped or oval in shape, like a disc which is mostly seen on areas of the skin that are exposed to the sunlight. Discoid sores tend to be red in color raised and are scaly. The may leave a scar once healed. The rashes can change the color of the persons skin, making the lesions area darker or lighter then before. Discoid lesions appear on the face and scalp in a butterfly shape, especially the v of the neck which receives sunlight. Discoid lupus erythematous (LE) lesions are painless and do not itch.

Chronic cutaneous lupus may also appear in different forms including:

1. Verrucous wart-like discoid LE

2. Lupus Tumidus - elevated areas of red skin with no scale or scarring

3. Lupus Profundus - discoid skin lesions in conjunction with panniculitis

4. Palmar-Plantar Erosive Discoid LE - discoid lesions on the hands and feet

Subacute Cutaneous Lesions: is another form of lupus skin rash these lesions are classified by there redness. Other classifications include coin shaped lesions, they are very sensitive to light and tend to get worse with UV light exposure. They do not leave behind any scaring, but they can appear in large areas of the body. Subacute Cutaneous lupus erythematous (SCLE is a subset of cutaneous lupus) may very well experience symptoms that are systemic which include the following:

* muscle and joint pain, fever and, general discomfort.

Serious problems are rare involving kidney or the nervous system.

Cutaneous lupus rashes are rarely seen, the appearance of these skin rashes vary and are difficult to diagnose by the eye so other test are necessary to diagnose them.

How is cutaneous lupus diagnosed?

Cutaneous Lupus is very difficult to diagnose because of the variability of the skin rash appearances. A skin biopsy can be performed to diagnose the rash.

What kind of Doctor specializes in cutaneous lupus?

Cutaneous lupus involves the skin, hair and nails and as well a Dermatologist would be the one who specializes in this area.

How is cutaneous lupus treated?

Cutaneous lupus treatment may include corticosteroid creams or ointments applied to the rash or lesion. If the lesion does not respond to the cream the doctor may prescribe corticosteroid injections directly into the lesion. If the lesions are widespread oral corticosteroid medications are prescribed or the doctor could prescribe antimalarial medication such as plaquenil another word being hydroxychloroquine.

Additional medications such as sunscreen with the prevention of photosensitivity reactions which could occur with cutaneous lupus lesions.
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 06-10-2011 at 01:37 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

SandyR (06-10-2011)

Thanks

Awesome research! Thanks so much. I will take all of this to my next doc appointment!

Thanks

Me too!!! I've had this "V" for years although mine usually extends a bit further either side of the V. When it's bad I have several different types of rash on it. I have areas that look like broken veins where you can see the blood. I have several little blood spots. Can't remember the word . . . hang on while I Google! Petechiae! I also have lots of ordinary looking red spots and when it get's really bad blistery looking areas. My rheumy told me without even getting within 2 feet of it that I just have spots!!! I'm getting so angry again just thinking and writing about it.

Thanks

Amazing! I a lesion on mine presently. I am going to print this stuff if I can figure out how! Educate...educate so the next client is treated better I guess.

Thanks

Tammy,

At the top of your screen where you have tools etc on the right i've got print there, if you've got the same press print it may do the one page of comments or all 6.lol

Thanks

I love you peridot!

Thanks

Even better mate.lol if your pc or laptop as a notepad in it copy the info and paste it into the notepad section file it and then print it.