Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just in time!

Thanks

Hello Sharon,

At the end of the day mate, you felt you had to do it just to prove how bad you are but in regards to it i hope it clears up just as quick.

Let we all know mate how your appointment goes.

Love Terry xxxx
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 06-09-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks

Well, it was a near total disaster!! The man was rude and horrible. It started off well. He looked at the page I gave him which had a history of when my problems started etc. and the last year and trips to A&E and my current symptoms. He asked lots of questions, asked about the rash on my face, asked if there was a history of Lupus in my family, asked if I get mouth ulcers "no, I get nose ulcers" "Do you get mouth ulcers???", looked at my blood results . . . then immediately told me I didn't have Lupus and that with a negative RF I didn't have RA. He then went on to squeeze and prod and pull and ask if it hurt . . . well of course it did he was squeezing so effin hard!! So he told me I had fibromyalgia. He didn't give me a chance to respond properly to any of his questions (sometimes a 1 word answer really doesn't suffice), he didn't answer any of my questions (I asked if fibro would cause the headaches "yes". Would fibro cause the headaches that come with the face pain and jaw pain "blanked") He totally disregarded the rash on my chest, hands and arm and told me they were just spots!!!!! I said what about my face? "blanked". He wrote out some slips for more bloods (to check my thyroid and recheck my CRP and ESR) and told me to give a urine sample to the nurse, come back in 3 months and the door was firmly shut in my face! No advice on what to do next, no advice on how my "diagnosis" should be treated, nothing!

So, basically I'm still at square one. No explanation or investigation into why my ESR is 3 times it's normal level at 60. Oh, but there was a trace of blood in my urine so that's been sent for analysis. I'm in agony after a day of too much sitting, too much standing, too much walking and too much stress!! I'm going to bombard my own poor GP for every little complaint over the next 3 months until I get to go back. I want every little thing documented! Sorry this is a bit of a ramble. Can't quite get my thoughts out properly. Very very angry :-(

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaztwirl View Post
    Well, it was a near total disaster!! The man was rude and horrible. It started off well. He looked at the page I gave him which had a history of when my problems started etc. and the last year and trips to A&E and my current symptoms. He asked lots of questions, asked about the rash on my face, asked if there was a history of Lupus in my family, asked if I get mouth ulcers "no, I get nose ulcers" "Do you get mouth ulcers???", looked at my blood results . . . then immediately told me I didn't have Lupus and that with a negative RF I didn't have RA. He then went on to squeeze and prod and pull and ask if it hurt . . . well of course it did he was squeezing so effin hard!! So he told me I had fibromyalgia. He didn't give me a chance to respond properly to any of his questions (sometimes a 1 word answer really doesn't suffice), he didn't answer any of my questions (I asked if fibro would cause the headaches "yes". Would fibro cause the headaches that come with the face pain and jaw pain "blanked") He totally disregarded the rash on my chest, hands and arm and told me they were just spots!!!!! I said what about my face? "blanked". He wrote out some slips for more bloods (to check my thyroid and recheck my CRP and ESR) and told me to give a urine sample to the nurse, come back in 3 months and the door was firmly shut in my face! No advice on what to do next, no advice on how my "diagnosis" should be treated, nothing!

So, basically I'm still at square one. No explanation or investigation into why my ESR is 3 times it's normal level at 60. Oh, but there was a trace of blood in my urine so that's been sent for analysis. I'm in agony after a day of too much sitting, too much standing, too much walking and too much stress!! I'm going to bombard my own poor GP for every little complaint over the next 3 months until I get to go back. I want every little thing documented! Sorry this is a bit of a ramble. Can't quite get my thoughts out properly. Very very angry :-(
    Oh I am so sorry! I wish I could tell you this is an uncommon occurrence but sadly it is not. I am wondering if he even did the pressure point test for fibro before making that diagnosis. Many of us have fibro along with Lupus but too many times the doctors dismiss our illness as fibro and do just what yours did! It is inexcusable and, although I don't know the rules in your country, I would suggest firing that doctor and hiring another since he apparently doesn't know enough to deal with Lupus/AI patients!

Keep doing what you are doing! Be your best advocate and know that we are here for you no matter how long it takes.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-10-2011), steve.b (06-08-2011)

Thanks

$#*! - insert whatever 4 letter word seems most appropriate! I do not understand why rheumatologists are so resistant to diagnosing AI diseases. Shoot, it increases their job security. It's like this secret club and if you don't know the right password, you can't get in. I've had appointments, too, where it seems like the doc is on my side and then all of a sudden they flip and treat me like a nut job. I am so sorry you were treated so badly, especially since you put your health at risk to prove to him that you really are sick. I agree with Mari, fire the bum, if you can. If not, can you see a dermatologist for a biopsy of your rash?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

ask your gp to get a copy7 of the reults from all of the tests.
    then find a new rheumy.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-10-2011), tgal (06-08-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.bryce View Post
    ask your gp to get a copy7 of the reults from all of the tests.
    then find a new rheumy.
    Steve made an excellent point! ALWAYS get copies of your test results. I actually get copies of all of my file from my doctors. You would never believe how many errors can be found in them! I have a huge file of everything from every doctor I have been too. I have actually had to supply documents to new doctors because an old one never sent them. I carry my folder with me to every appointment
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-10-2011)

Thanks

Sharon,
    You would think that the guy could have at least started you on some Plaquenil, to see if it just might help.
    I agree with what others have said - fire the bum!
    Why have so many rheumys been trained to "wait and see"? I've only found one who was pro-active.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi Sharon,

Sorry you appointment went up the wall mate and like the other members have said if your not happy get rid of him.

Refering your rashes go to a good Dermo because they'll soon check you out and run bloods to find out what you have besides a good Rheumo, if he'd poked at me i'd of gone made and he should'nt say you have Fibro till loads of bloods have been took to see the out come.

Please see a dermo also for your skin sharon. xxxx

Thanks

Shaztwirl, you titled this thread 'Just in time'
    I am just wondering if you are psychic?

What I mean is, how did you know that your backside was going to be on the other side of your rheumy's door just in time for it to be slammed. It is a pity you weren't a bit slower, then he could have slammed the door on your backside, causing enormous damage, rupturing your fat cells on your backside - resulting in all your fat to squirt in his eyes. (sorry about calling your butt fat, but hey, I could have said something else was ruptured and went into his eyes)

Next time he slams the door behind you, fill your back pockets with some horrible gooey stuff to do some more damage.

I don't think you titled your thread correctly because you were not just in time In fact your were too fast and it should be correctly titled In your eyes next time
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

@ Linda.. LOL You are just too funny
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~