Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: legs are numb

Thanks

Default legs are numb

both of my legs and feet are numb, they have been this way for awhile now anybody else have this?

Thanks

Yes, me too, especially my right foot and leg.
    The key word to look up is peripheral neuropathy or small fiber neuropathy. It seems to be common in AI diseases.
    I've had all of the tests except for the small fiber neuropathy, which is what I suspect I have.
    It gets a bit frightening for me when I drive, since I can't tell how much pressure I'm putting on the brake or accelerator.
    The frakin' neuro told me that there is nothing wrong with my muscles and that I should just pay attention to my speedometer!
    I'll never see him again.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (06-09-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i was getting it verry oftyen in my legs when driving.
    now i dont drive.

i still get it in my hands.

i move often, to increase the circulation. it helps.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (06-09-2011), Peridot20_Gem (06-09-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I get it as well. I used to get it quite often but it has slacked off since I started on the MTX.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (06-09-2011)

Thanks

Like ste said you need circulation, i get if often but i do have nerve damage besides the sjogren's and it can be terrible at times.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (06-09-2011)

Thanks

although I have not gotten a diagnosis yet, still waiting on blood work results, I feel my disease is progressing, I now have little brown bumps on the back of my hands, and there are bumps on my back that you cant see but can feel and they itch bad, when my wife squeezes these they do not hurt but white puss comes out of these, my knees sound like a bowl of rice crispy's, went to the mall yesterday, and it was a sunny day and when I got home I felt like I just worked a double shift and had to lay down, the rash on my face which are small raised red patchy bumps that lasts for months is becoming very itchy, my scalp is very itchy, I get panic attacks, I feel all jittery, sometimes I get weird sensations in my legs, joint pain is getting worse and wont go away, don't want to sound like I'm "complaining" just want to let other's know what's going on with me and if others have the same problems, I hope my rhem gets this right, I know whats wrong with me and I really need the meds!

Thanks

Hello gfk,

With what you've just explained about yourself and it progressing, a good many of we are like it, i'm 42 and it's hitting me like wild fire.

Can i suggest besides seeing a rheumo you go for a dermo also regarding your rashes and skin because they're more in the field of work concerning that, my dermo took bloods the first time he saw me and said i had psoriasis, then the next time i went my skin was so bad he diagnosed me with raynauds and soon refered me to a Rheumo.

It's abit of a waiting game where the bloods are concerned because if your symptoms are related to lupus or any autoimmune diseases it cause the bloods to give off false readings because it fluctuates with the blood, so it may be a constant wait, which alot of member's are doing on here but i do suggest a good Dermo for your skin to actually nail what your suffering.

Refering anxiety attacks i've had those for years, it's through stress and worry of what your going through and i state this many times, Lupus itself thrieves on stress and depression and actually makes the symptoms more than what they should be.

Terri x
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 06-09-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Thanks

I went to a dermo for my rash, about 2 months ago she did a biopsy of the rash and it came back as tumid lupus, but I think it's more than that, I'm pretty sure I have SLE she sent me to the rhem who I just seen for the first time last fri, I told her all my symptoms and she ordered alot of blood work and a ton of x-rays of my joints, I am waiting for the results, although she didn't really tell me what she thought just wait for the results and she would call me, I am very concerned about this as it seems to be getting worse, my hands are becoming worthless , my knees feel like there giving out I have trouble balancing I feel like I'm going to fall over sometimes, I feel like I have no strength in my arms sometimes, and a truckload of other problems to deal with, but from what I've read here I'm not the only one! I'm glad I stumbled across this site you guys have been very helpfull to me - thanks, Gary

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

gary, 1 week is usually enough time to get blood results.
    i would contact the rhuemy, and ask if the results have come back.
    whilst on the phone mention your concerns.

Thanks

Hello
    I get the numb and tingle feeling in both legs, feet, arms and hands. On my bad days it feels like Novocaine, to the point I can't feel my legs. I also don't drive long ways becouse I don't know when it will happen. I could even walk and switch will turn on and fall face forward. It suck
    Hugs
    Liz