Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoga and veggies?

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noelene View Post
    Hi Ritz. I'm new to all THIS and hope my switch 10 months ago to raw low fat vegan (80.10.10. diet by Dr Doug Graham) to going to help me instead of taking medication. This diet enabled me to get off my epilepsy meds and stop fitting. So here's hoping. I used to belong to a Tai Chi group and have just this week, returned to doing it at home since I gave up the heavier work on an agricultural farm picking spring onions. I'm sick and tired though. Sorry it's too early for me to be more positive and have experience of what might help us all. My daughter lives in America & her friend is doing yoga and is a vegan and has just come off her meds. I'm interested to know her progress too.
    The Dr. Doug Graham you are referring to, is a non-practicing Chiropractor. To say he has no qualifications to treat a complex autoimmune disorder such as Lupus, would be an understatement. Beware of charlatans, there's a lot of them out there.

Rob

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (06-09-2011), SandyR (06-10-2011), tgal (06-09-2011)

Thanks

Yes I wasted 1000s of dollars on those who made me feel WORSE!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

tgal (06-09-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Yes I wasted 1000s of dollars on those who made me feel WORSE!
    Hey, I can see you!

Always nice to put a face with the words!

Thanks

I tried to be a good lupie today and sat with my back to the sun at my brothers baseball game with an umbrella and still came home feeling drained, after having a good day. Could the heat make me feel like crap too?

Side note, my grandma took me to lunch today and gave me a beautiful opal ring as my grad present. I am sad however to find out that they can be ruined very easily so Im only going to wear it occasionally. I wish I could wear it everyday!
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Lol yes I figured it out! On my own! I am still in shock! Okay now stay with the topic, quacks that take all our money and make us feel worse(grin). Think of all the shoes I could have bought.

Thanks

Opal is my birthstone! They are beautiful. I'm so happy for you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    I tried to be a good lupie today and sat with my back to the sun at my brothers baseball game with an umbrella and still came home feeling drained, after having a good day. Could the heat make me feel like crap too?
    It does for me, everytime. My problem with the sudden inability to tolerate heat was one of the major reasons I left the desert southwest for a cooler climate. My Mom also has SLE, and she can't tolerate heat either.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (06-10-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post

Side note, my grandma took me to lunch today and gave me a beautiful opal ring as my grad present. I am sad however to find out that they can be ruined very easily so Im only going to wear it occasionally. I wish I could wear it everyday!
    Yes Ritz, the heat can do it too! I am from Texas and we have been over 100 for way too long now. When summer gets here I am locked inside more then I am in the winter when it is 30. I can add more clothes and get warm but I can only get so cool in the heat. Summer is my worst time of year
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (06-10-2011)

Thanks

I too get very drained, headache, and have to sleep. Summers are rough when it is in the 90s ad it has been here.

Thanks

My sincere apologies for offending you inparticular and other members. I seemed to have gotten off on the wrong foot. Thank you all for your comments, I will take all of it seriously. As I stated, I'm very scared of the side effects of medication and purely looking for all "outs" rather than take them. As a result of reading the forum, and talking to my Mum (who also has Lupus) I feel as though I don't have any other choice and that is what I was asking opinions with. I have them now and can go to my next docotors appointment more open minded. cheers Noelene