Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoga and veggies?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hey ritz! I understand exactly what you are trying to do but, like the others have mentioned you do not want to do ANYTHING until you speak to your doctor. Even "natural" things can interfere with our meds. We tend to look at vitamins and such as something that cannot hurt us but remember arsenic is a natural thing too but you don't want to take much of it in. Talk to the doctors to make sure that it won't cause you any harm before adding even "natural" things to your body.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Yes tgal is right! I got worse on zinc and iron and found out later it causes inflamation. Be careful and if you start anything do it slowly and one at a time so you can see what really helps. Some made me feel like vomiting. Bless you on your search for a healthy way of living!

Thanks

Hi Ritz. I'm new to all THIS and hope my switch 10 months ago to raw low fat vegan (80.10.10. diet by Dr Doug Graham) to going to help me instead of taking medication. This diet enabled me to get off my epilepsy meds and stop fitting. So here's hoping. I used to belong to a Tai Chi group and have just this week, returned to doing it at home since I gave up the heavier work on an agricultural farm picking spring onions. I'm sick and tired though. Sorry it's too early for me to be more positive and have experience of what might help us all. My daughter lives in America & her friend is doing yoga and is a vegan and has just come off her meds. I'm interested to know her progress too.

Thanks

Hi Noelene ... YAY .... West Aussies are becoming popular here. You have no idea how much you have made my day. We just lost one of our friends to the Eastern States, and now you have come to join the crew.

Let me read your thread so I can chat to you... yippee for us sandgropers!!!!
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Being on a healthy diet and exercising is an excellent way of making sure you have the best chance of fighting illness. However, you need to be careful about thinking that it will mean that it can replace medication. If you are sick, you need medication, and living a healthy lifestyle will help the medication to work better. Since you have not being diagnosed with anything at the moment, I think you are doing the right thing. But if in the future you are told you need to take medication, TAKE IT. Especially if you have an autoimmune disease because if you don't, you'll only get sicker. Think of a diabetic deciding not to take their insulin injections because they are on a super healthy diet and exercising, it won't be long before they are in a coma.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-09-2011), ritzbit (06-09-2011), steve.b (06-09-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    Im thinking of asking my doctor if and what I can add that might make me feel better.
    Always talk to a doctor about adding new diets and never stop taking your pills. Hope I didnt come off sounding like thats what I was doing because its not. I dont have another appointment until the beginning of August though so I'll be starting alot of this right before college starts.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    Always talk to a doctor about adding new diets and never stop taking your pills. Hope I didnt come off sounding like thats what I was doing because its not. I dont have another appointment until the beginning of August though so I'll be starting alot of this right before college starts.
    If you decide to start this and your doctor gives you the go-ahead (I think) it would be a good idea to call him/her now and see how the changes work when you are off this summer and not when you start something new and stressful, like college.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I think we all just want you to be safe. As for me I made a lot of dumb choices to avoid the meds. I'm now on 7 lol.

Have a great time at school! I wish you much success!

Thanks

I'm not trying to avoid my meds. And I can never get ahold of her by phone. So Im just going to wait on the diet and anything other than the yoga until August. I went there not long ago and sat and sat and sat waiting for an hour and was so aggravated that I waited almost 2 hours before seeing anyone that I didnt ask her about the diet part. I hate when that happens. I will just wait.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noelene View Post
    Hi Ritz. I'm new to all THIS and hope my switch 10 months ago to raw low fat vegan (80.10.10. diet by Dr Doug Graham) to going to help me instead of taking medication. This diet enabled me to get off my epilepsy meds and stop fitting. So here's hoping. I used to belong to a Tai Chi group and have just this week, returned to doing it at home since I gave up the heavier work on an agricultural farm picking spring onions. I'm sick and tired though. Sorry it's too early for me to be more positive and have experience of what might help us all. My daughter lives in America & her friend is doing yoga and is a vegan and has just come off her meds. I'm interested to know her progress too.
    While we all look for ways to stay healthy the best answer about diet comes from the Lupus Foundation of America. There is NO proof that any type of diet will allow someone to get off their meds. LAO information is found HERE

We Have Lupus rules about making promises about a cure for Lupus can be found below

How To Get Banned From WHL

Dear WHL Family;
    There are several ways that you can get banned from WHL and they are listed in the board rules. However, I wanted to discuss one way that will ensure a permanent ban from this site:
    If you submit a post that, in any way, intimates that you have found, are the recipient of, know of, have possession of, a CURE for Lupus that does not include regular supervision by a medical doctor or the continuation of medical treatment and prescribed medication, then you will be immediately banned, for life, from WHL!
    If you submit a post, making the above claims, and asking members to contact you, via your e-mail, so that you can peddle your supposed cure, you will be immediately banned, for life, from WHL.
    If you berate, demean, or otherwise belittle a member of WHL who gives you a warning, who exposes your intent, or who requests that you discontinue or modify your approach, you will be immediately banned, for life, from WHL!

Now, let me explain my reasons:
    WHL is a support group where we provide comfort, support, understanding, research, answers, and acceptance for anyone suffering from an auto-immune disorder.
    This can be a very frightening disease which can, in its worst forms, still be fatal. It is a chronic disease, meaning that we may have some form of it for the remainder of our lives.
    As such, many of us suffer greatly due to this disease and we often reach a point where we simply want our lives back, we want the disease to go away, and we want to be healthy again. In our efforts to do this, we are often willing to try almost anything that promises that it will accomplish this for us. Knowing of this possible desperation, there are those who claim that they know of a cure, that they've been cured, that their sister, cousin, mother, brother..whatever, has been cured. They also go so far as to claim that our current medications are poisoning us, that our doctors are liars and are only after our money, and that we (ourselves) want this disease because we are unwilling to try their proposed cures. These people are (as Rob so eloquently described them) 'Snake Oil Salesmen' and 'Charlatans'. People who prey upon the desperation of ill people in order to make money.
    My daughter, who lost her life to Lupus, in her desperation while away at college, stopped taking her medications and tried one of these proposed cures. As a result, she suffered irreparable damage to her heart (which was being protected by the Prednisone that she abruptly stopped taking in order to try the remedy suggested by one of these Snake Oil Salesmen). A short time later, she lost her life when the damage to her heart caused her heart to just stop functioning entirely!
    So, I am personally and vehemently against any of these people being allowed on WHL. I will not allow them to prey upon any family member here. WHL is here to offer protection and to be a safe place for each member. As such, Rob, Tgal, and I have formed a wall around each of you to shield you and to protect you from persons who do not comply with the founding principles of WHL!
    Thank You All for all that you do in support of one another!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie

Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

SandyR (06-09-2011)