Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm new!

Thanks

Suzanne i'm adding why the skin Biopsy is for and it's mainly for confirmation of psoriasis and the Luminesscence Immuno is for testing the strength of your immune system also.

Skin biopsy

Psoriasis symptoms can vary widely from flat, shiny scales to crusty red bumps anywhere on the body. Often, a doctor can simply examine the skin to confirm the symptoms of psoriasis and make a psoriasis diagnosis. She'll consider what the lesions look like, as well as where they're located on the body.

For instance, fingernails can show telltale signs of psoriasis because the disease can cause them to become thick and scarred with tiny pits. But sometimes diagnosing psoriasis requires more detailed study than a doctor can provide with the naked eye, making a skin biopsy necessary.

A skin biopsy is a simple procedure in which skin cells are taken from an affected area of the skin, such as a lesion, and examined under a microscope to confirm that the abnormalities in the skin cells really are psoriasis.

Psoriasis Skin Biopsy Step-by-Step

Skin biopsies for psoriasis are typically done in a doctor's office rather than a hospital, and they're usually performed by a dermatologist, who can choose from several different skin biopsy methods.
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 06-07-2011 at 09:32 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

sann321 (06-07-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I want to add one thing to Terries post. There are also several types of lupus rashes that can be diagnosed via a skin biopsy. If that was already brought up forgive me I am on my phone from the socs
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Mari,

Your correct on that one it can test for more Dermatitis, psoriasis, cancer and more besides testing the nerves in the skin but i do wish Suzanne the best with her results. xxx

Thanks

Welcome! : )

It is a huge relief to hear you are being treated well by your doctors and that they are actually giving it all consideration! : )
    A lot of the time they can be difficult and delay things unnecessarily. It sounds like you are set for a relatively smooth diagnosis, even if it takes a little time.
    Apparently getting a bit of sun before a blood test can help the bloods properly reflect your condition as well.
    I experience hearing loss as well but I have been a fool for years and haven't been looking after myself... so now we are playing catch up on everything with a good GP.

I hope your diagnosis does go as smoothly as it seems it will : )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle For This Useful Post:

tgal (06-08-2011)

Thanks

Hi Suzanne,

How are you feeling today and i hope it's a day less pain free for you, please keep we all updated.

Terri xxx

Thanks

I am so glad you were heard and symptoms were addressed. Yes there are horror stories of docs who don't listen, but there are also some wonderful docs who hear us and treat us, thank God!!! I don't know much about the lesion realm, as mine have nevr been addressed. They are not so invasive for me and so low on my list of many maladies(grin). Sounds like yours are very noteable! I hope you get all the care you need saan. Hang in there.

Thanks

so far no results! and now its saturday so im sure i wont hear anything at least until monday. an now to top it off im un steady on my feet. not dizzy really just umm unbalanced. has this happened to any of you?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sann321 View Post
    so far no results! and now its saturday so im sure i wont hear anything at least until monday. an now to top it off im un steady on my feet. not dizzy really just umm unbalanced. has this happened to any of you?
    Try not to worry about that. Yes, it happens to MANY of us. I myself had to get a cane to use on bad days. I figured out falling was not what it was made out to be! Try not to get up to quickly and take your time walking. You don't want to hurt yourself
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Yes at the onset of SLE I got unbalanced and fell at times. There are so many odd symptoms I started noticing. Thank goodness you heard. Blessings to you.

Thanks

Hello Suzanne,

I hope your coping ok till you get your results and as soon as you hear anything please update we please.

Terri xxx