Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm new!

Thanks

Smile Hi I'm new!

Hi i am new to the forum. Im dont know if i have lupus. I am really just here to try to answer some questions I have about whats happening to me.
    I recently started having some strange symptoms. Im not sure what it is yet so I am going to see a my GP today. In my teens i was diagnosed initially from a really dumb GP that i had scabies. Then after weeks of treatment and it not going away my mom took me to a derm. She then diagnosed me with psoriasis. It was not really relieved by the creams they gave me but it did eventually go away. Following that I have had chronic kidney infections and have always had at least a few lesions some where on my body. About six months ago i started experiencing ringing in my ears. I am now turning 32 this year and we went on vacation to a beach several weeks ago. Last week i began having a pulsing whooshing sound in my left ear. My husband started looking on line for something that would explain the sound in my ear. He found some pictures of people who have a butterfly rash... They look just like me! So I went to see a friend of mine who is an ENT. After a hearing test he determined that i have nerve damage in both ears but more severely in my left. He also confirmed the face rash as being the butterfly rash. He is sending my for a Ct with contrast to rule out a vascular abnormality. I now also have lesions on my whole body and some of the time they do itch. I have been getting sores in my nose. I have had quite a bit of fatigue but have been able to function, i have just been attributing it to the fact that I started taking full-time classes at the university and work and and have a 3 year old. Anyway that is me and my recent developments. I really am just looking for support and answers. Thanks for letting me hang out around the forum and take in all the amazing knowledge you guys have on the subject.
    -Suzanne

Thanks

Hi Suzanne, welcome to a great group of loving people. I am new here and have received much encouragement. Sounds like things are a mess. I'm so sorry to hear all of this. I hope they send you to a good rhumatologist and run blood work. The process was long and rough for me, but I was finally figured out. Bless you on this journey. I know you will find lots of support and wisdom from many here. I document everything and take pictures of each strange thing that can be seen, because sometimes symptoms come and go.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

sann321 (06-06-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Suzanne! Welcome to WHL! This is a place not just for people that have been diagnosed with Lupus but for people with other Autoimmune Diseases (AI) or people like yourself just trying to figure it out. For many of us it takes years or decades to get a formal diagnosis. Often times we know what is wrong with us long before the doctors say so! It is really difficult to find a doctor that really understands how to diagnose Lupus. There is a sticky (meaning at the top of the page) in the Newly Diagnosed section that tells all about the requirements needed to get a Lupus diagnoses.

I hope that your time here helps you sort things out! Feel free to look through the old threads or start new ones if you wish. I look forward to getting to know you and welcome to the WHL Family!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I'm definatly going to be taking pics! I don't need to worry about pics of the butterfly rash though I have millions of them! i guess i've had it for years I just didn't know what it was. Hopefully I will get some answers soon. Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi suzanne,
    welcome.
    something many of us found helpful, when talking to doctors. is to have a pain diary.
    in it we list what is going on with our body and when.
    there are a few threads about this subject. they might be worth reading.

Thanks

Hello Suzanne,

A lovely warm welcome to our lovely family of the WHL and your with the best group of people going worldwide and besides that there's so many threads containing info for you to learn from and anytime your stressed come on and there's always a member on line to answer in due course.

You've had identical issue's to myself i had the ringworm which they put it but the only difference is it does'nt pronounce itself like ringworm i was sent to a dermo like yourself bloods done and i had psoriasis like yourself and the next time i went i had raynauds develop.
    I've also had the butterfly rash years ago and that took quite a few months to move but never new what it was but i do hope your dermo as you on steriod based creams as they work excellent.

Refering your ears i had the same trouble and my left ear drum bursted open and i'm under ENT for TMJ which can develop being linked with Lupus besides developing otherwise. I also have the sores up my nose, your actual Dermo can run blood tests besides to see if anything is linked to Lupus or any Autoimmune disease, so i suggest asking him. Mines a brillaint bloke and i can never moan at his expertise.

It sounds to me that you have symptoms linked to Lupus but i'm not a doctor to diagnose but just keep pushing them.

Terri xxx

Thanks

So yesterday i went to my GP. My ENT had already sent her an email about my face rash and the lesions on my body so she was already very receptive. Such a relief!! I really thought i was going to go in there and have her send me out thinking i was crazy. She did a skin biopsy and a ?rheumatoid panel? i think and referred me to a Rheumy. She said the skin biopsy should be back Thursday. I am just so relieved that she was so awesome! I have heard and read so many horror stories that I was really expecting her to turn me away. Yay! Im on my way to relief! I hope!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh that is such wonderful news!! Please keep us posted! Terrie is out resident family member with a good enough memory to pull the post back up (and we are SO thankful). I, most likely, won't remember but it doesn't mean I am not concerned (I can't remember anything that is not on the family white board!). If Terrie misses it (which is doubtful) use this or start a thread to give us the update Thursday!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I was wondering... What exactly are they looking for with the skin biopsy? I tried to look up some info but it didn't look like they could get the luminecandimmuno- thing-a-ma-bob done in 2 days. any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi Suzanne,

I'm ever so pleased for you mate, at least your going to get somewhere now and that's what we love to hear on the site when things start happening and i really hope your drop on a good rheumo besides plus i hope the biopsy brings in what your suffering.

((Hugs Terri)) xxx