Thread: Just checking in

Thanks

Default Just checking in

Hey everybody. I've been off board for a bit with so very much going on, but i thought i would take a break and see how everyone is doing? My goodness there are a lot of new people and i would like to give a big welcome to each one. This last few weeks have been crazy.. Me trying to recover from the Pleursy,dealing with my oldest daughters dielimas and it never ends..My daughter has decided to work for Hospice, and while i think this is one of the most wonderful callings a person could do, i'm quite sure she is not strong enough to deal with death on a daily basis. Anywayyyyyyyyyy!!!. On top of all of that a very dear friend of mine lost his life on Memorial day weekend. A car coming the other direction tried to beat him and his motorcycle and turned in front of him..throwing him off of his bike into oncoming traffic. We worked together many years in the Drug division. He was a wonderful man, The stress of all of it put me into a raging flare for a few days but i am starting to feel better.

I find that i will be baby sitting my 9 and 10 year old grandchildren along with my nine year old so please keep me in your prayers. LOL It will be a great summer i know if i can just keep my flares down.

Well i go back to the Rhuemy on the 23rd. I think the Plaquenil is helping now. Eyes only get to me every now and then instead of all the time, so that is good. Well that's about it for me.. I sure hope everyone has a great day.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Thank you so much for checking in! I am glad that the meds are starting to work! That is a good sign. I am sorry that the rest of your life has been so crazy though! At least it doesn't give you too much time to feel sorry for yourself (LOL that is why I like busy days).

My thoughts are with the family that lost a loved one. Don't be a stranger and take care of yourelf!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

craftkeeper (06-05-2011)

Thanks

Thanks Mari, i actually still read the board all the time, it's just that lately i haven't felt like typing.. thats plum pitiful isn't it? But i'm sure you know the feeling. Sometimes i can't even figure out a sentence. I know it's all going to be all right. One thing that i am truly blessed with is a understanding and protective husband. He makes sure i have my sun gear on and if he sees that i am in a really stressful situation he will jump right in and try to keep me calm. He's always fussing that i am a obsessive cleaner and why can't i just forget about it and let it go. He's a great guy and i dont know what i would do without him. So anyway, next week when i'm trapped here with the three Amigo's you can sure bet you will see alot of me on here.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

You are very lucky to have someone so supportive! I completely understand not feeling like typing. I get that way as well. I think we all do. Just take care of yourself and know we are here if you need us!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~