Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why I carry a big purse

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default This is why I carry a big purse

Just bought a new purse yesterday, or suitcase as my darling daughter calls it. The previous back breaker wasn't big enough. Hey, a girl's gotta have her stuff, right? Gotta have the essentials: wallet, keys, cell phone, iPod, knitting project (s), and if you are a lupie, well, geez, don't go ANYWHERE without the "lupus kit". I bought a so called purse "organizer". Its one of those organizers with many compartments so you can easily get your stuff together and find it quickly and also just take the whole thing out when you want to switch purses and not forget anything. This particular package contained 2 of them. So I dedicated one specifically for my "lupus kit". It contains such essentials as a fold up sun hat, sunscreen, hydrocortisone cream, vitamin d cream (I'm, according to the rheumy, extremely vitamin d deficient),toradol for the migraines, pain killers (usually for my back, usually from carrying said big purse), lupus meds, ginger pills to counteract the nausea from the lupus meds, anti diarrheal, for when the meds want to run through me, laxatives for when the meds want to stop me up, bandaids and triple antibiotic because I'm the Queen of Klutz and a medical thumb drive with all my medical history on it in case I'm in a medical situation and can't speak. With all that stuff, that's why I carry a big purse and oh yeah, since I'm carrying a purse, darling daughter, when we are out and about, ends up putting her stuff in there too so she DOESN'T have to carry a purse. I once packed for an weekend away. My weekend away bag was smaller than my purse. Hmm...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

bunny28 (06-05-2011), Gizmo (06-04-2011), Nonna (06-04-2011), tgal (06-04-2011)

Thanks

Very funny, and true! Are there any stand-up comedians with lupus? Maybe you should hit the comedy clubs!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

i think i saw your purse the other day.
    no they are not trainer wheels. lol

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

LOL Too funny! Sounds like my purse. I constantly have to answer why I have sunscreen in my purse!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mine is big and heavy- eyeglass case,wallet, meds, umbrella- rain or sun- can't forget my book and the rest of the normal female stuff

Thanks

LOL, but I went the opposite direction. I fall over so easily, any extra weight from a purse just puts me off balance. I went to the outdoors store and bought a heavy-duty fanny pack. That is my purse now, with just the essentials.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

This is so funny. I love your sense of humor. Come to think of it many Lupies have a great sense of humor!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Funny stuff. Makes me think of the late, great comedian George Carlin and the comedy routine he used to do about having a place for all your "stuff". You ladies are lucky, at least you get to carry a purse to put all your things in. Us guys have to make do with cramming everything in a couple of pockets.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Ohh I was feeling kind of icky lat week and picked a George Carlin video to cheer me up! He is awesome! He and Robin Williams are my favorites. Different styles but both so smart!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Rob-I can't believe you haven't done the puppy dog eyes while asking Karen "Do you mind?" and handing over your keys, sunglasses, wallet, cell phone, what-have-you.

Yep, Superman takes advantage of my suitcase, er, handbag's roominess so his pockets don't bulge. We wouldn't want that *gasp*
    Last edited by BonusMom; 06-05-2011 at 10:28 AM.