Thread: sores on head, in mouth and nose

Thanks

Default sores on head, in mouth and nose

Because I have had this issue for so long and I am not on chemotherapy, I thought it would be helpful to post. The mouth and nose sores are not painful, just annoying for me. My scalp inches a lot and I get little blisters, especially after heat and sun exposure. Neem shampoo quiets the itching.

Thanks

My only suggestions, other than have a talk with your doc about whether you need better disease control, are to 1) Avoid sun exposure and try to stay cool 2) Try Biotene or one of the other mouthcare products out there to at least keep your oral mucosa (sounds dirty, doesn't it) moist and decrease the bacteria in your mouth. I use Aquaphor (a hydrophilic ointment base available in the area of the store with diaper care products) in my nose when the sores are dry and painful. Some doctors say to avoid Vasiline because your body can't break it down and it can cause problems if it gets into your sinuses.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (06-04-2011), tgal (06-04-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Thankfully my blisters have subsided. I hated the blisters in my nose! Mine hurt though.If i go another month without them in my head I can color my hair again! All this gray is depressing me!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Thankfully my blisters have subsided. I hated the blisters in my nose! Mine hurt though.If i go another month without them in my head I can color my hair again! All this gray is depressing me!
    Mari, why can't you dye your hair when you have sores in your nose?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Mari, why can't you dye your hair when you have sores in your nose?
    LOL Apparently I was posting when I shouldn't have (as Linda so kindly pointed out. I have had blisters in my nose and they hurt pretty badly! I ALSO get them on my head (MERSA as it turns out) and I have to go another month without them before I can color my hair. Mine were brought out by the Lupus but they are a form of Staph so I have to be careful with them.

Sorry if I confused everyone!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Do the sores anyone else gets in their mouth hurt sometimes? I get them a lot and they definitely hurt if I eat/drink anything acidic but also based on their location can hurt when they rub (ie talking or drinking out of cup if it touches, etc)

I also get them in my nose and on my head but have no solutions to offer. In the mouth/throat I have used a mouth gargle prescribed to me made up of something usually taken for stomach ulcers...sometimes it works better than others, I think it depends on how well it can get to the sore.

Thanks

Well i have nose sores up my nose an also a lumpy blister rash come over my head and scraching or anything like that i've found really irritates the head more.

Gizmo i've gone to the extent of using vaseline and it's been no good, I'm just hoping going back on the plaquenil AGAIN sorts things out.