Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation happening

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot20_Gem View Post
    I've just had a phone call from the hospital and i'm booked in for next Monday 6th for my operation at 7-30 am, so that's one really early rise for me.

I told the nurse i'd got to see the gyno then also about tablets for my bladder and she told me to hold on, she came back to the phone and said that will most likely be sorted for me also.

I am pleased the dates arrived quickly to get the polyps sorted and my uterus burned out and also tablets hopefully for my bladder.
    Oh I didn't realise your operation was so soon. All the best Terri, enjoy the rest. How long will you be in hospital?
    Last edited by Linda From Australia; 06-05-2011 at 12:20 AM.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (06-05-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Let us know something as soon as you can! We will be thinking about you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Hi Terri,
    I'll be thinking of you on Monday, my friend. I hope that the surgery goes well and that you start to feeling better.
    I've missed four cycles now, so I'm thinking that I'm well into menopause. It's not considered official until you miss 12.
    I have noticed that I'm feeling better lately. I've been sleeping a bit better, been less moody and the night sweats are letting up.
    I hope that this works for you.
    Love and Hugs,
    Marla
    Hello Marla,
    Your best wishes are most aprreciated my dear friend but the doctor explained about if something went wrong and he had to sort it so i signed my life away on that one.lol
    Marla they don't consider you finishing the menopause over here till you've not seen for 3yrs because my mom finished in her early 50s and went 3yrs and had one full day bleeding and that was it and i've known several other women the same.
    I am pleased your feeling better though and if they sort me with those tablets for the urine leakage i'll let you know the name and if they're any good like you asked me to.

Hugs & Kisses to you also Maral and takecare xxxxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    Oh I didn't realise your operation was so soon. All the best Terri, enjoy the rest. How long will you be in hospital?
    Hello Linda,

Yes it's tomorrow mate.lol and thanks for the best wishes mate, they reckon half a day 2hrs operating then it's coming around for some reason i swear bad when i come out of anesthetic so i hope their ears are used to it.

Takecare yourself linda. xxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Let us know something as soon as you can! We will be thinking about you
    Thanks Mari for your support and all the other member's who know me.

As soon as i'm home and settled i'll use my notepad to get intouch i hate that have to wear my spec's mate.lol Ste wants to wait at the hospital and i've told him no to get back home because of my staff and it being so early, so it's in bed by 10pm and rise at 5am and i need to be there for 7am this lot alone will knock me about coming out of my meds so early.

It's just going to be a day getting reading, packing an overnight case and paperwork.

Love & kisses to you mari xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

Good luck on the surgery, what I understand is your getting a hyster if so. I wanted to let you know after you wake up the pain is awful and they only give me a drip and meds wasn't going in as fast as I want it to LOL. Keep us posted, good luck dear

Hugs
    Liz

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizbond36 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Was yours bad Liz? I always tell people it wasn't bad because I never took pain meds after the day of surgery. OK Terrie, It could go either way! Wish you luck!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lizbond36 View Post
    Good luck on the surgery, what I understand is your getting a hyster if so. I wanted to let you know after you wake up the pain is awful and they only give me a drip and meds wasn't going in as fast as I want it to LOL. Keep us posted, good luck dear

Hugs
    Liz
    Hi Liz,

Nice to hear off you, no i'm not going in for an hyster.

I'm going in to have a polyps removed in the cervix and then to have the Novasure operation which burns your uterus out to stop monthly's, they use that now more than having to keep doing Hyster's.

Love Terri xxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Was yours bad Liz? I always tell people it wasn't bad because I never took pain meds after the day of surgery. OK Terrie, It could go either way! Wish you luck!
    Mari,

I've just told Liz it's that new operation called Novasure and the sister told me they've monitered women after and 95% have never seen a period again or just had 2 days of slight discharge.

I'm adding a link for anyone to see what novasure is http://youtu.be/8qC-3vPMZW8

Thanks

Thanks for the info! Hope it goes smoothly!
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~