Thread: Hello from Nebraska

Thanks

Default Hello from Nebraska

Hello everyone!!!

I am new to this board!!! I was diagnosed with SLE about 9 years ago. I am so excited that I found this, because I really have needed extra support the last few months.

I also have hypoglycemia, lupus anticuagulant, fibromyalgia, asthma, a heart patient, and am being checked for crazy stuff going on with my head. My kidneys are most affected by the SLE, but I have plenty of other things that put me in the "5" critteria diagnosis category. I had to go on disability because I have been having syncope or seizures...they are not sure what for sure. Currently I am unable to drive, and will not be able to until they figure out what is wrong with my brain...other than the lack there of!!! Two years ago I had to have open heart surgery because of a calcified mass in my heart that was blocking the flow of blood back into my heart...I was in congestive heart failure, and the doctors all agreed that if I had gone in any later that it would have been to pronounce me dead!!!

I'm a terrible speller ops: , and an extreme smart apple, but I feel that my sence of humor has gotten me through a lot!!!

Sorry this is so long :shock: ...I look forward to getting to know you all more!!!
    ~*~Shannon~*~

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Default lupus

Welcome! I have CNS vasculitis and was diagnosed w/lupus in July. I've been going to a rheumatologist since 2001 for Raynauds, joint pain etc and had been diagnosed with UCTD up until this year. Isn't this a wonderful board? Thanks to Saysusie!

Where in Nebraska do you live? We lived there for several years..you can PM me if you want. Would love to hear from you!
    Catlady4520

Thanks

Welcome Shanniefly! :lol: we need all the smart apples we can get around here! :lol:

This is such a wonderful community - filled with knowledge and friendship. I'm glad you've joined us.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Shanniefly :P
    Welcome to our fourm. As you can see, everyone here is supportive, understanding, informative and (most importantly) very, very caring.
    Also, many of us understand how you must be feeling as we have had to deal with much of what you described ouselves :cry:
    I hope that you join us often and that you find that this is a place where you will always be welcomed and supportive!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie