Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dazed & confused

Thanks

I can't believe this, I just typed a long post and then something happened ..... my New Apple lap top just ate up my post ... OH the joys of working with an Apple computer!!!! Well I will try and think about what I just write.It may take me some time.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    Well I will try and think about what I just write.It may take me some time.
    time to think............or time to rewrite

sorry linda i coudnt resist.

Thanks

OK, 2nd try. And this time I will copy every couple of sentences. The problem is at the moment I know what to type, type it, but there are random words and letters in my post. I would like to blame my new Apple lap top, but sadly, it is just me .... my mind and fingers are not very coordinated at the moment.

I feel a little cautious about writing a comprehensive journal because I don't want my Rheumatologist to think I am just complaining about the slightest of things. I know that there are many people who see him are a lot worse than me. But then again, My life has changed drastically in less than one year. And I feel that he needs to know what problems I am having.

I have always written a very comprehensive journal for my autistic daughter and demand her health care team to listen to me and take action when things need addressing. I write a summary and discuss what I have written. They appreciate my efficiency and we work together as a team to help her.

However, when it comes to me, I really don't want to bother my medical team. I have no idea why. But thanks to my wonderful new friends at WHL who encouraged me to tell my doctors how bad I was feeling, last time I saw my Rheumatologist, I wrote 3 pages of how life has become difficult. As I read it out, my doctor wrote notes. If he didn't seem to take any notice, I would have written a concise summary, probably only half a page of dot points and given him a copy to read as I read out mine. Thankfully my doctor listens to me.

So I would suggest for you to write a comprehensive journal of all your symptoms and how you are feeling, then write a concise summary, making it very easy to read. Make a copy for your doctor to put into your notes if he doesn't write any notes. As time progresses, you will get to know what things you need to write down, and which things you can leave out. Hopefully you can work out what will work for you very soon.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

steve.b (05-30-2011), tgal (05-30-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    I can't believe this, I just typed a long post and then something happened ..... my New Apple lap top just ate up my post ... OH the joys of working with an Apple computer!!!! Well I will try and think about what I just write.It may take me some time.
    Linda,

You must be a saint because in the past i'd have seen the time it would have seen the wall. lol

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Linda, isn't it funny (sad) what we will do for our family but won't do for ourselves.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hello Mawmaw,

How are you feeling in yourself and please keep we updated please.

((Hugs Terri)) xxx

Thanks

I feel exactly the same about writing down every little thing. So far most of my pain is just kind of annoying. Sometimes bad enough to take meds. So feel silly writing down what seems so minor, but since still looking for diagnosis I think "maybe this is important".

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

i suggest write it down.
    list the degree of pain as "annoying" , later it might change to "dull" or "sharp" ,"gut wrenching".

as long as you are somewhat consistant, it will help the doctor, if he reads it.

Thanks

If you can write things down all the better if your head allows you, as it's better for when you see consultants.

How you feel about the pain annoying that's just how i feel and i don;t care you can't express it to someone who as'nt got it themselves, as some days it's abit lighter but when it doubles up my god it can be severe.

Do takecare Terri xxx