Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Apple Lap top - driving me CRAZY!!!!!!

Thanks

Default New Apple Lap top - driving me CRAZY!!!!!!

Ok, so life is so difficult when you have Lupus, then you are told that you are getting a new lap top.... YIPPEEEEEE ..... then the excitement seems to disappear rather quickly .... EEEEKKKKKKKKK ..... Apple ........ (insert any word you like here)

So I sneak out my old lap top and write up all my programmes. I also make sure that I have my new Apple lap top open on my desk,just for appearances, but just hidden in front of it is my old lap top so I can actually get some work done.

Sometimes my principal walks into my classroom and sees me working on my old lap top and "Why aren't you using your new Apple lap top" ... "umm" I say, very nervously "I have it over on the bench there so I can use it with the projector for my lesson". Just as well he can actually see that I am telling the truth because he can see it on the screen.

Yesterday my Principal came into my class before school and asked me to quickly take my lap top up stairs for a staff meeting and connect it up to the projector to show the other teachers some things. He said the other teacher is having problems connecting hers up. I ask him "do you want me to take up the lap top that I know how to use or the one I don't know how to use" "take your old one up" my principal says. So I suspect he knows that I am having trouble using my new Apple (rotten apple) lap top.

My principal has seen me use the old lap top a number of time ... and just gives me 'the look'. Ok so this week, I locked my old lap top in the filing cabinet, and look down at it very sadly every day. I think I might even tape some flowers on the drawer, like you put on a coffin (sniff sniff). It is Thursday night, and I am still grieving over the loss of my lap top, and have tried to embrace my new gift. But I am loosing the battle. I have tried so hard to bond to my (insert any word you like here) Apple. I even stroke it and tell it is is so pretty and clean. (insert some pathetic sounding words here to describe how pathetic I am sounding).

Well, I have something to ask you, (insert any word that relates to stealing, theft, aggressively smashing the Apple here) I am going to give up teaching before I admit to my principal that I really cannot get the hang of the new lovely (insert any word that is opposite to lovely here) Apple, so I really need to know if there is a web site that has a very comprehensive manual that I can print off so I can start using my new lovely (insert any words you like) Apple lap top and feel as though I have achieved something.

I really do appreciate the new lap top, it is a pretty white colour, and has a really cool Apple that lights up on the lid when you use it. But come on, I have to get on with my life. You know what is worse than having Lupus ???? Having an Apple laptop, and what is worse than having an Apple lap top, being caught using a real lap top .....

RIP my old lap top. . . . . .
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

[URL="http://training.apple.com"]

linda this might help.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

linda, these are authorised apple training centres in perth.

Christ Church Grammar School

Queenslea Drive

6010Claremont, WA

Australia

Phone: 08 9442 1555

Dimension Data Learning Solutions

Level 7

553 Hay Street

6000Perth, WA

Australia

Phone: 1800 ULEARN (1800 853 276)

XciteLogic

Suite 4

134 Main street

6017Osborne Park, WA

Australia

Phone: 0894430650

Thanks

Thanks Steve for the links, but I think I would rather download a manual so I can refer to it when I need it. I don't think I can manage to attend a course because I am having heaps at the moment at school. I have checked out the Apple web site before, but I will check it again. Something must be lurking there waiting for me to find it

Thanks

YAY I found something ... Thanks Steve, you are a catalyst for my success .... My new love affair with my new Apple

You know what I like about my new lovely white Apple, it has a speech feature, so I no longer have to read things, I can just click "speech" and it talks to me.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...Mid2010_UG.pdf

Blog Entries
    Thanks

does it have a sexy male voice? to compete with robs female voice

he likes the computer speak aswell.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

page 53 - Problems That Prevent You from Using Your MacBook

only would an apple list this as a subject.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

giggle (05-26-2011)

Thanks

I want to change the voice, but I don't know how to, but give me time, I am stubborn, I will find out how

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Great job you two! I am a windows girl not because I used to do computer support for a living but because I can't afford an Apple! I am lost looking at one however if I could afford one I would get it in a heartbeat. Almost completely virus free, easy connection to anything and just a better machine. You are going to love it! I just made the switch to an Iphone this week and I don't know why I didn't do it sooner!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i am really old school.
    i use windows because it is user friendly.
    i do not want to have to remember secret codes to be able to use my computer.
    i use a basic mobile also, it has internet and camera etc. but i dont use them.

if it is not user friendly, why bother,
    my mind is messed up enough without trying to remember allthat stuff as well.