Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Music and Life

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Music and Life

I am not sure how big a part music plays with all of you but to me it is huge. There are times I hear songs and I KNOW it is just what I needed to hear or just what I need to say. I decided to start this thread to share songs, lyrics, videos that inspire us or that touches us in some way.

About 1:30 this morning ( I haven't slept since Monday night) I heard this song and knew I had to share it with a young man I know and love who is going in for his bone marrow transplant this week. Today when I was reading some threads it hit me that this song also fits for me, in this place. Sometimes I am the one standing by others and sometimes others are standing by me but this always fits

I Won't Let Go

Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (05-25-2011), Peridot20_Gem (05-29-2011), Saysusie (06-07-2011)

Thanks

I listen to that song almost everyday! I love it! This is one that I've listened to a lot recently, especially when I was flaring really bad in March.

Someday- Rob Thomas
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (05-25-2011)

Thanks

LOVE That one! Rob Thomas (with and without Matchbox 20) is one of my all time favorite artists. His music touches my soul. Yes, someday it's all going to be better. Thanks for sharing that!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

On really bad days I listen to him over and over again to help me feel better. That one always helps. He is also one of my favorites =)
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Music is a major outlight of stress for me. I listen to it constantly and am always singing something. It is my way of getting through and way of expressing things. One of my favorite artist of all time is Andrew McMahon, the lead singer of Jack's mannequin. He has been through so much and has had cancer and almost died from it and alot of his music reflects that and it helps me get through what I'm going through now. Not sure if you guys have heard of him or listen to him but he is amazing. I also like Rob Thomas and have quite alot of his older stuff on my iPhone. So much music out there helps and inspires ms and I would not be able to get through the day if we didn't have it.

Great thread here Mari!

You've gotta swim
    Swim for your life
    Swim for the music
    That saves you
    When you're not so sure you'll survive
    You gotta swim
    And swim when it hurts
    The whole world is watching
    You haven't come this far
    To fall off the earth
    The currents will pull you
    Away from your love
    Just keep your head above

-Jack's Mannequin:Swim

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Toradoradi For This Useful Post:

tgal (05-26-2011)

Thanks

Great thread, Mari! Rascal Flats has another great song: Then You Stand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcEA36jW66c

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Music has always been my life. I don't really listen to the word, but the music itself heals. I got through my divorce by listening to the Top Gun sound track. "Danger Zone" driving down the freeway was the best frustration release, music going full blast and driving my cares away. I find now that I listen to a lot more "Blues" like Tinsley Ellis. I have a station on Pandora for Blues and they play things like Credence and Rare Earth. I know this shows my age but maybe it's like going back in time to when I felt healthy. Who knows, I just feel better listening

hugs to all
    Music is emotion so it releases emotions

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Music is a huge part of my life. My tastes run the gamut from The Eagles to Andrea Bocelli, and everything in between. Long before it was known as the song in the Chevy truck TV commercials, Like a Rock, by Bob Seger, became an inspirational, and motivational song for me, and it still is today, 25 years after the first time I listened to it-

Last edited by rob; 05-26-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Great thread, Mari! Rascal Flats has another great song: Then You Stand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcEA36jW66c
    This is another one of my favorites! I sent this one to my young cancer friend a few weeks back! It is so very true. Thanks for posting this one!
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toradoradi View Post
    Music is a major outlight of stress for me. I listen to it constantly and am always singing something. It is my way of getting through and way of expressing things. One of my favorite artist of all time is Andrew McMahon, the lead singer of Jack's mannequin. He has been through so much and has had cancer and almost died from it and alot of his music reflects that and it helps me get through what I'm going through now. Not sure if you guys have heard of him or listen to him but he is amazing. I also like Rob Thomas and have quite alot of his older stuff on my iPhone. So much music out there helps and inspires ms and I would not be able to get through the day if we didn't have it.

Great thread here Mari!

You've gotta swim
    Swim for your life
    Swim for the music
    That saves you
    When you're not so sure you'll survive
    You gotta swim
    And swim when it hurts
    The whole world is watching
    You haven't come this far
    To fall off the earth
    The currents will pull you
    Away from your love
    Just keep your head above

-Jack's Mannequin:Swim
    Great lyrics! Thanks for sharing those!
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~