Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allow me to introduce myself

Thanks

Default Allow me to introduce myself

This forum thing is new to me but I wanted to connect with more people who have lupus so what better way to reach out.

I found out I had SLE in December of 2007 after going 9 months without knowing what was happening to my body. I am thankful and fortunate that none of my major organs have been affected. Since I started my meds I've been doing good. I was even down to just 200mg of plaquenil a day. As I've come to realize this disease is very unpredictable and have been dealing with flare ups since February. So I've been a little up and down emotionally and just wanted to reach out to others who are dealing with this like I am.
    Dx: SLE December 20, 2007
    Meds: Plaquenil, Imuran, Predisone

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,103 Posts

hi, and welcome.
    please feel free to browes through the posts.
    it will begood to get to know you.

Thanks

Hi Thunda,

Welcome to our lovely family at WHL and as you can see there's so many threads for you to venture through and learn such alot through SLE.

It's nice to hear that plaquenil as helped you in such a larger way and the disease is unpredictable like you said, from morning to the next you never know how your going to feel.

When ever you want to vent or feel down just get on the forum as there's always someone on line for you.

((Hugs Terri)) xxx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thunda View Post
    This forum thing is new to me but I wanted to connect with more people who have lupus so what better way to reach out.

I found out I had SLE in December of 2007 after going 9 months without knowing what was happening to my body. I am thankful and fortunate that none of my major organs have been affected. Since I started my meds I've been doing good. I was even down to just 200mg of plaquenil a day. As I've come to realize this disease is very unpredictable and have been dealing with flare ups since February. So I've been a little up and down emotionally and just wanted to reach out to others who are dealing with this like I am.
    Hi and welcome to WHL! I am so sorry that you are flaring again. I think almost everyone here understands the ups and downs that come from this disease.You will find that these members are some of the most wonderful people that you will ever meet. Please make youself at home. Look around through the old posts or start new ones if you want. I look forward to getting to know you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hello Thunda,

How are you feeling now?? and i hope tomorrow is more a less pain free day for you, keep we updated please. xxx

Thanks

Hi Thunda, I would like to also say welcome to WHL! And so glad to have you here!
    So sorry to hear your still in a flair, Hope you feel better soon.
    Hug's to You!!!!!!!! ~Diane~
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Thanks

Hello Thunda,

I hope today is a better day for you and please keep we updated on how you are?

((Hugs Terri)) xxx

Thanks

Hello Thunder I am new to this forum too. Was diagnoses in 2005 I think. It's been a long haul. I still have bought or grief over losing who I once was. I am learning to accept and love who I am nope. It's a journey I never imagined but thank God we are not alone. So glad to meet you.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Hello Thunder I am new to this forum too. Was diagnoses in 2005 I think. It's been a long haul. I still have bought or grief over losing who I once was. I am learning to accept and love who I am nope. It's a journey I never imagined but thank God we are not alone. So glad to meet you.
    That is a very insightful comment. We all go through a period of grief when we find we have this disease. I actually believe we all go through the phases of grief just like if someone close to us died. We must allow ourselves to go through the 7 stages of grief or we can't get to a place of learning to live with the disease. I don't mean live as in breathe I mean live as enjoying your time on this planet. The 7 stages are:

1. shock or disbelief
    2. denial
    3. bargaining
    4.guilt,
    5.anger,
    6.depression,
    7.acceptance/hope.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

steve.b (06-01-2011)

Thanks

AND these 7 stages change all the time. Once you achieve acceptance, sometimes you can go through the whole stage again, starting with shock and disbelief. Just put on your seat belt and make sure you don't fall out of the roller coaster, because it sure hurts when you hit the ground with a massive splat.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-02-2011)