Thread: Site for lupus rash/skin issue

Thanks

Default Site for lupus rash/skin issue

Is there a site where they show all types of rash's? I need to see some photos, I don't have a rash, its hard to explain it, it looks kind of like a bug bite but without pus ETC. I had one on my leg for months before I was DX with Lupus. This same mark is now on my chest and forhead ( Won't see a doctor till the 31st of May). Cross between a bite and a pimple LOL without the white head or puss. Like a scar, Enough already LOL anyone can help me?
    Is there a way to post photos on this site, maybe someone has one I have?

Hugs
    Liz

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Liz! One of the easiest things to do is go to google and type in "lupus rash" (just like that) and then click on photos at the top of the page. It will show you tons of different rashes. There is one thing that needs to be remembered when it comes to rashes and boils and all of the other "off the wall" things that we get. Not all of our rashes are FROM the lupus but the lupus, or the attack it is making against our bodies, allows things to happen that wouldn't have happened without the auto immune disease. For example, I have rashes on the lower part of several fingers. They are not lupus rashes but because the lupus has made me so sun/UV sensitive I get them if I spend too much time in the sun, in the car or in a store. Technically they are not Lupus rashes but I didn't have them before I had lupus.

I say all of this just as a reminder to everyone that just because you don't see your rash or don't know someone else that has the same rash doesn't make it not related. While there are some things that most of us get just the same way there are even more things that happen that are are our own because it is the way that the Lupus attacks our body. Lupus is an individual disease. That is one of the reasons it is so very hard to get a diagnosis
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

SandyR (05-24-2011), steve.b (05-23-2011)