Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to be prepared. Help, please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    The only thing that I can add to what has been said is that I would get a copy of all of the records that the doctor you are leaving has. I don't mean have them sent to the doctor, I mean call them and tell them you want a copy and ask what time you can pick them up. Some doctors are butts and make you pay $25 or so however it is worth it. (I have copies of every one of my doctors records0. Once you get them home and have a pretty good head day go through them. Type/write a paper of all the blood results that you have had that came back bad or out of range. Next try and write a brief summary of symptoms or how your life has been since you became ill. Make a copy for the doctor that you are going to see.

When you get there don't give that to the nurse. Give it to the doctor when he comes in the room. If they have just ordered the records from the doctor they are not going to read it all to find out what is going on with you. If, however, you have done the work for them and shoved the paper in their face, they have no choice but to read it. It will also give the doctor a way to see what is happening in case you are foggy that day and unable to find the right words.

Good luck with the new/old doc. I ended up doing the same thing and it really did turn things around for me!
    Oh my goodness...unfortunately 30 minutes after I posted this I had an overwhelming wave of fatigue and fell asleep. Didn't wake up until it was 5 and the office had already forwarded their lines for the day. Hmmm, so what to do, what to do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot20_Gem View Post
    Well he's a doctor definitely from old school manners and those you can't beat but that's great stretching an appointment for 2hrs flat that as made me laugh but what's he had to say about things or have'nt you seen him yet because of our time gap??
    I'll be sure to update

Thanks

Cheers Gibbly it would be nice to know how things go and all the best. xxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Glibby,

I was just wondering how the appointment went this morning. Say hello, and let us know when you can, I hope all went well.

Rob