Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A harsh reality check...

Thanks

Default A harsh reality check...

My daughter is sick today so she wont be going to school. I am having a terrible day, I was up all night with her while my partner snored away in slumber land.

My joints are killing me, I am soooo dizzy and I have an upset stomach among the usual.

But the reality check comes when I have to go to work anyway... and he in his well rested healthy state gets to stay home... because I dont get sick pay.

I should just shoot myself now.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Isn't it grand. I am no longer able to work but I do remember those days. Feel better soon
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

shooting him would take too much effort. However, leaving him a "to do" list hardly takes any effort at all! Since he is so well rested, he shouldn't have any problem getting things done while you are at work... just saying.

Thanks

Giggle,
    No sage advice, but I really feel for you. I hope you came home from work, fed yourself, and went to bed with earplugs in.

Thanks

I came home to a clean house and freshly washed clothes and a cleanish kitchen. Well, as much as a man can manage anyway LOL xD He made me lunch and looked after the little one and tried his best <3

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

that is a caring husband, you are lucky.

Thanks

I was just reading about your partner snoring and it made me think about how Lupus affects other people in our family.

When my husband snores, I give him a nudge, sometimes a shove, and at times, a real push to get him to roll over and he usually stops snoring. But over the past few months I have progressively been getting worse joint pain. My physiotherapist says that every couple of weeks I am loosing muscle. It doesn't matter how much I exercise, my muscles are disappearing.

But the increased joint pain and muscle wasting is not the worse thing about having Lupus. The worse thing by far about this horrible disease is ........ the fact that I can no longer push, shove, or even give my husband a nudge so he can roll over and stop snoring!

So am I right to assume that Lupus is contagious,meaning that because I have Lupus, my husband now snores worse than he has ever done before. How I hate what this disease does to me!
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    When my husband snores, I give him a nudge, sometimes a shove, and at times, a real push to get him to roll over and he usually stops snoring...worse thing by far about this horrible disease is ........ the fact that I can no longer push, shove, or even give my husband a nudge so he can roll over and stop snoring!
    I bet if you hold his nose for a minute or tickle behind his knees he'll turn over quick too. LOL
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

buy a taser. i bet he wont snore for long!!

Thanks

hi giggle sorry you are feeling so unwell i also have husband who snores he has sleep apnea so i am often awake my daughter is also unwell at moment so i feel for you and i used to live in mackay for 4 years on harbour road nice to meet someone where i used to live get better soon hugs kim l