Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Think maybe I am going into a flare

Thanks

I was on about 7-10 a day before I quit as well. I think cutting down is much easier than actually quitting. Even if you have something like three a day it still feels fairly easy if you have enough to occupy your time with.

Linda... I was like you, had never touched them and hated the smell of them. Then I started dating a guy that smoked and went through a very stressful period and he offered them to me. And at first they made me sick but he assured me they would work brilliantly for stress in the end. They did and thats what keeps you smoking. Even the majority of smokers dont like the smell or the taste. I never smoked inside my house, I always braved the cold for a smoke lol And there was nothing better than going on a smoke break at work. So I understand non-smokers and smokers points of view. Im at the point now that Im ok to be around people smoking and know I wont relapse : ) it takes a long time.

Terry, I very much understand. There is a point in my life for all the stress that was happening in my life I could not have quit and when it came down to it, quitting would have been a bigger healthy risk. ESPECIALLY if you are depressed. I could be in a fit of tears and wanting to throw myself infront of a car... but have a smoke and it calmed me right down.
    I think people need to realise, smokers are well aware of the health risks of smoking and need no lectures. When/if the circumstances change so that quitting is possible, I am sure they will jump at the chance.
    Just as we are all aware of the health risks of drinking. Or even of our everyday things that aren't even frowned upon such as prescription meds or even driving a car. Every action has its consequences, it comes down to choosing the consequences we are most happy to live with lol And there I go sounding bleak again : ) Trust me Im not so doom and gloom in person.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (06-02-2011)

Thanks

I don't drink coffee or tea, just diet sprite usually. I also chain smoke, like one doesn't make me happy, I have to have several in a row. It's not that I am having a nicotine fit and must have more, I really don't know what my problem is. Too addicted I guess.

Thanks

Hi Giggle,

Like i said before i packed up 3 times in the past and went 5mths and when i went by other's it did smell like a bonfire, then bang stress again and was soon on them, i actually don't like smoking i now what it's doing to my lungs besides the rest and even if i wanted to break off them i'd soon be back on with what i'm going through.

Even drinking Tea and coffee besides what you've mentioned they're all an addiction but you'll never here me critazice anyone for what they do because there's a good reason behind everyone.
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 06-02-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks

Well no one should ever criticize another person for any reason. I hope you didn't take me that way and I really hope I didn't sound that way. I only said something due to genuine concern about your health. I think it's terrific that you found something that eases you from manic depression or from feeling stressed. I wish something could control me from my mood right now. lol. And I love your willpower, need some of that myself. Unlike you, I have no good reason for smoking, and I don't take it outside so I do it around my family. I went to a quit smoking board, but when I'd fail at it, I was treated like dirt, they told me I could come back when I stopped smoking, but said they knew I never would be able to tackle it. I thought wow a board that only allows non-smokers. My kids were so mean to me when I started smoking again. My son chased me down the street one night after he blows it in my face, and takes away the pack I bought. My daughter literally wanted to kill me. I was crying and screeming wanting one, and they didn't care but my brother was plenty sympathetic and he gave me one. I never meant to give you a hard time like that, I'm sorry girl.