Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mornin' new to your group

Thanks

I certainly understand the anger. You have been thru so much without understanding the cause for so long. I do not understand why the docs dont just do the blood tests much earlier. My last primary care doc is very smart ..yet she didnt catch this..She was my doc for 20 years and i did go thru a bit during that time.

I admire your strength.

Thanks

It's past anger with me sometimes when your in so much pain and yet people think you look healthy to top it all but i think my face shows there's something wrong that's how ignorant people are in today society.

Ferrini the reason why your primary care Doc did'nt pick it up is because it may not have been showing, the trouble with Lupus it plays with your blood and makes it fluctuate and bloods tests can come back showing negative and the actually may be positive.

I had the rheumo department doing no end of bloods and my GP and my anaemia kept showing ok, it took 6mths for the blood to come in and eventually show it was low at 8.0 and that's how long i'd had it but having it a good while back i knew the symptoms, so now i'm on folic acid tablets for life besides B12 Jabs for life.

I hope tomorrow is abit better for you mate. xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

ferrini (05-25-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Neutrogena puts out a great 100 SPF sunblock for the face. You can get it at walmart and it is really clean feeling; not heavy at all. It is called Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunblock. You can use it for any part of your body but it is really great on the face!

Also, welcome you to WHL! We are so glad that you joined our family!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

ferrini (05-25-2011)

Thanks

Hello ferrini,

How are you feeling in yourself today?? xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

ferrini (05-25-2011)

Thanks

Default today ..a bit weary

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot20_Gem View Post
    Hello ferrini,

How are you feeling in yourself today?? xxx
    thanks Peridot for explaining about bloodwork. ..this illness is so confusing. one moment i feel fine ..10 minutes later..i am pooped and hurting. how long do flares last?

thanks everyone for advice on sunblock.

am very weary the last 2 days.. thanks

how are you feeling?
    Last edited by ferrini; 05-24-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: crs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ferrini For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (05-24-2011)

Thanks

Hello Ferrini,

It's a shame it works the bloods how it does because if it did'nt mess about with them, so many people would be diagnosed straight away, i came lucky with mine but the only thing that was holding back was the anaemia which i mentioned.

That's how it affects your body and the flares you think your having is the actually pain which comes with SLE i can have it either in one or two parts of my body and after so long it eases and then bang that pain as shot to another place, that's why there's no rest from it but if you do have a good flare which is constantley on then it can last from 2wks or more according to how strong it is.

The actually wearyness your feeling is your mind waiting to see and feel what's going to happen next, it's like it's putting you on edge wondering what's next, a large majority of us either wake wondering it or going through the day feeling the same.

Myself the same as ususal until they sort me out on drugs refering my body and skin but i went today for a pre-op to make sure i was ok for an operation and if i don't hear nothing by friday with the bloods they took for checking, then i'm in the all clear for the operation, i was added to the surgeon's list on the 27th april.

Everything is just one pure WAITING GAME and thank you for asking. xxx
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 05-25-2011 at 04:41 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

ferrini (05-25-2011)

Thanks

ferrini, i really hope your day tomorrow is a better on and try not to get on edge much i know it's hard to say but it can make the pain and what your going through feel slightly harder to cope with.