Thread: Question about neurontin

Thanks

Default Question about neurontin

Has anyone take neurontin for pain and has it helped? Thanks

Thanks

I take 1200 mg of neurontin for restless leg syndrome at bedtime and I love it. Helps me relax and helps the pain I have from restless leg. I don't know if it helps other pain. What are you taking it for?

Thanks

I took it years ago for neuropathy pain.

At half the dose they actually wanted me on I was damn near brain dead and drooling on myself. Told them next time to just get me a frontal lobotomy. It also stained my teeth yellow but bleach took care of that.

My mother-in-law as on it for some time and it helped with her pain and she claims no bad side effects but she was a bit harder to follow conversationally - but she's 85 so it may not be related.

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I have been reading really mixed reviews from people about this drug. I guess I'll just see how it affects me. My guess is that I'll stay on a pretty low dose so I hopefully won't have as bad of side effects. I'm starting on 100mg at night and will increase by 100mg weekly until I reach 300mg.

Thanks

Default neurontin

I've been taking it along with doxepin and baclofen for nerve damage to my jaw. I take 900mg at night. It does make you kind of out of it but was the only thing that seemed to work for excruciating jaw pain.
    Catlady4520

Thanks

I have been on 100 mg for almost a week now and feel like it is helping me. It makes me really tired so I take it at night and sleep really well. I'm going to up it to 200 tomorrow night. For me so far the benefits of even 100mg are enough fro me to keep taking it.

Thanks

Default neurontin

Glad the Neurontin is helping. I get so discouraged because of the number/amount of meds I'm on. Everytime I try to get off the Neurontin, though, the jaw pain returns and my neurologist thinks taking it all these yrs helped delay the development of my seizures. I sleep well taking it but wish I could just get rid of all the meds.
    Catlady4520

Thanks

I know what you mean about not wanting to be on so many meds. I think about that everytime I fill my pill box each week and I'm not on as many meds as a lot of people. I am hoping the neurontin will allow me to be able to discontinue the low dose of amitriptyline I am on at night. THe neurontin helps a lot more with sleep than the amitriptyline does. I just try to remind myself that I would not be able to function if I didn't take these meds.

Thanks

Default Meds

You can fit your pills into a pill box???? I only wish I could! I take about 10-15 meds a day depending on how severe the pain is. Just so sick of constant meds/dr appts/chemotherapy! Of course, My mom died because she refused to go back to her heart dr and I know how much I really miss her! I keep telling myself I'm doing this for my family.
    Catlady4520

Thanks

Hate to sound like this... But... Really... You should be doing this for you... Not someone else... No matter who they are...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono