Thread: New to this website and forum

Threaded View

Thanks

Default New to this website and forum

Hi, I'm Franziska and I was diagnosed with SLE 17 years ago after a stillbirth of my daughter, due to HELLP syndrome. I was originally given less than a year to live but hey ho, I'm still here ;-)

Originally my inner organs were affected but I made good progress due to acupuncture and homeopathy in addition to immunosuppressive and cortisone and later steroids.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm all for alternative medicine, but I wouldn't see my homeopath if my leg was broken! Common sense still rules).

My lupus was at a standstill for 10 years but it broke out with a vengeance five years ago and ever since I've been plagued! Still, I found that positive thinking is the A and O of dealing with a chronic disease and I enjoy life to the full even though I regularly fall asleep in front of the TV at 8pm because I'm just so darn tired all the time ;-)

I think communication is very important, it's always good to get fears, worries and anxieties off your chest and share it with other people. Shared worries are halved worries.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Franziska For This Useful Post:

tgal (05-17-2011)