Thread: out all day

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default out all day

Today is the annual letter carrier food drive- a nation wide event. My husband is a mailman so I help out every year. I'll drive around and pick up donations and take them back to the drop off. I've got my "Lupus kit" which includes sunscreen, hydrocortisone cream, pain relievers and so on. Got my hat and my cane. I'm NOT cooking tonight. Already told dear hubby that he's ordering pizza. I'll be in the sun all day and today is gorgeous already and very sunny. Let's hope I don't pay for it later. Wish me luck!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for you. There shouldn't be a penalty for doing a good deed!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm baaaaack. The food drive, although I don't have numbers yet, for me, went well. Only problem was itching but once I got home and back inside, it settled down and I feel fine. Still not cooking tonight- hubby WILL order pizza (unless he'd rather go hungry).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Glad it went well for you! I was out all day with my daughters 16th Birthday Party. I am worn out and doubt I have enough meds to make it to the family lunch tomorrow but it was well worth it! I am so lucky to have a daughter like Ashleigh and hopefully she knows that. Great Party weekend... tired mom
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Ruziska,
    I'm glad that you had a good day doing a good deed. LOL- it sounds like your hubby "cooks" the same way mine does!

Mari,
    It sounds like your Ashleigh has had a wonderful "sweet sixteen", thanks to her sweet Mom. Wish her a happy birthday for me.
    My oldest is 34 today!!! Those birthdays do fly by!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Glad it went well for you! I think the food drive is a great event. And my husband cooks the same way.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad it went well, I'm so lucky to be living with my daughter. She cooked dinner while I recovered from my Saturday excursion. Aren't we lucky to have great supporters.