Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foamy Urine Anyone Else?

Thanks

Default Foamy Urine Anyone Else?

Hey everyone,
    I am wondering if anyone else has foamy urine, like bubbly?

Thanks, for your response in advance.

Thanks

No I haven't just UTI but someone will come along soon
    Hugs
    Liz

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

There are several reasons for foamy urine. Some are nothing to worry about but some are. It can be something as trivial as holding the urine too long so that by the time you go to the restroom you force it so it hits the water faster and foams up to something more severe such as having protein in your urine. This is not something to mess around with for people with Lupus or Autoimmune Diseases.

If I were you I would go see the doctor about this one. Hopefully it is one of the things that isn't a problem but it is better to be safe than sorry
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hey Mari & Liz,
    Thanks, for your response. I know that I in the past had problems with blood cast and protein in my urine before I was DX with DLE in 2005, then later DX with SLE 4 months ago now, by my PCP who has now moved out of my state where I live. So, I need to find another PCP doctor. My rheumy doctor, I see for my Fibro, told me, no, to testing me for SLE and he sees nothing in my file that would indicate testing me for SLE. Probably, because he never ask me anything, plus he keeps bad records. I know I need a better rheumy, although I have little money and no insurance. Anywhoooo... I do have an appointmet coming up on May 25th with a new Neroligust, that my PCP referred me to, before he moved out of my state, so I will go over my foamy urine with him. You know, it is real hard when you have Fibro too, not sure if new pain or just the Fibro?
    I want to thank all of you that share your experiences here in this forum, it really helps A LOT!

Thanks

You are SOOO right about the difficulties of having fibro and lupus! It is the same when you have overlapping autoimmune diseases. You don't know where one stops and the next one begins! Sometimes the fibro can actually make you feel worse then the Lupus. I am glad you are going to see someone. I understand about no insurance and money. I have been out of work since last April because of this disease and I too have no insurance. While I am glad that you have a doctors appointment I really wish you would go to a GP to have the urine tested. That really worries me

I am glad that you are enjoying being a part of our family. We are glad that you are here!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

riverlaken (05-13-2011)

Thanks

Do you think I need to have my urine checked sooner then my May 25th appointment with Neuro doctor? Or, do you think Neruo doctor no good with foamy urine? It has been foamy for months and months. I also have more of an urgency to go, that I have noticed too. Having a lot of back pain too, although I know I have severe fibro. Mari, I really do thank you, for your advice.
    Last edited by riverlaken; 05-13-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks

I would suggest to go to your primary doctor as soon as possible and ask to test you for a unrine and kidney infection, along with running some blood tests to test for your kidney function. If there is someting wrong, then the sooner you get it checked out the better. If you leave it too long you may be risking damage.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

riverlaken (05-13-2011), tgal (05-13-2011)

Thanks

Oh, your RIGHT!
    I do not have a PCP right now because he moved out of my state. I just called my rheumy doctor to see if he would run my urine test. He is gone though, for the weekend, office is closed. I should have never waited this long and I never did ever mention about the foamy urine to my former PCP, how lame of me. Thanks, Linda, for your input.

Thanks

Linda is right. You need to get to a GP as soon as you can. The neuro isn't going to urine and blood work. Call around or ask friends/family who they use as a GP and make an appointment. It may be nothing but you really don't want to take a chance with this

Don't stress over it just make a plan to get tested
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

riverlaken (05-13-2011)

Thanks

I have the same problem with my urine. I also have ale and fibro. My pcp referred me to a neuro who also specializes in rheumatoid issues. I go tuesday and its the first time i've seen him. My pcp thinks its bc of poor kidney function, which I have had in the past. I just recently (in the last 2 months) got health insurance so I know where you're coming from from, but kidney function is nothing to mess with. Be careful, and I hope it all works out for you. I will update tuesday after my appointment. God bless.

-Amanda

14. The Following User Says Thank You to adl011 For This Useful Post:

riverlaken (05-13-2011)