Thread: New to this website and forum

Thanks

Default New to this website and forum

Hi, I'm Franziska and I was diagnosed with SLE 17 years ago after a stillbirth of my daughter, due to HELLP syndrome. I was originally given less than a year to live but hey ho, I'm still here ;-)

Originally my inner organs were affected but I made good progress due to acupuncture and homeopathy in addition to immunosuppressive and cortisone and later steroids.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm all for alternative medicine, but I wouldn't see my homeopath if my leg was broken! Common sense still rules).

My lupus was at a standstill for 10 years but it broke out with a vengeance five years ago and ever since I've been plagued! Still, I found that positive thinking is the A and O of dealing with a chronic disease and I enjoy life to the full even though I regularly fall asleep in front of the TV at 8pm because I'm just so darn tired all the time ;-)

I think communication is very important, it's always good to get fears, worries and anxieties off your chest and share it with other people. Shared worries are halved worries.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Franziska For This Useful Post:

tgal (05-17-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

welcome,
    i know you have started looking around.
    good to have you with us.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Franziska (05-17-2011)

Thanks

Hello Franziska,
    I just joined this forum a couple weeks ago but have found it to be a positive place where people are well informed and anxious to help. Welcome, and I hope you stick around. What kinds of problems are you having?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Franziska! Welcome to WHL! I loved your post. The part about doing it naturally along with modern medicine is right on. We would all like to skip the meds but they are part of what keeps us alive. Sorry that you are having a rough time right no. The ebb and flow of this disease is one of the things that makes it hard. I look forward to having you and your knowledge on the board. Please make yourself at home!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hello Franziska,

Welcome to WHL and it's lovely to have you with us.

Sorry to hear you had it bad 17yrs ago but took what come at you so well but now back to being ill, that's the trouble with Lupus you never know where you stand but dosing off won't hurt you, we're all their most days doing it .lol

Terri xxx