FedUp

Diagnosis for Lupus.

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by FedUp View Post
I am a 33 y/o man serving in the army. I have been experiencing very intence joint pains for quite some time now, along with many other symptoms. It is a dull but constant burning pain that is also now starting to effect my entire body. I do have a family history of Lupus. My other symptoms include, but not limited to; Fatigue, GERD, feelings of weakness, poor memory, ADHD, persistent sores in nostrils, chronic sinus congestion, inability to concentrate. Most pain meds, prescribed or OTC, seem to have little to no effect (6 motrin, 4 tylenol, 2 neproxin, and 2 shots of nyquil, thats what it takes sometimes, cuz yea thats healthy for me right). I have noticed that the pain worsens with alcohol consumption. I have been off and on several arthritis (thats what "they say" I have) meds with no impact. All my research over the past 2 months has lead me to believe that this is what I have. I used to be VERY healthy and VERY fit, now I struggle just to make it threw the day. Is there anything that I can do to help convince an army doctor (a PA by the way) to at least take me serious enough to send me to a rheumatologist for further evaluation?
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm not sure if a PA would send you to a rheumy right off the bat. I'm undiagnosed currently and going to see my doctor soon about it. All you can do is present your symptoms to the PA and hope they can test you for lupus. I hope you find answers soon. I know it's not fun not knowing. Good luck to you.
    Im am in the Army also, It took them 7 months of me coming in and alot of ER visits. They started off checking me for RA first, which I knew wasnt it, but it would at least show that something was off with my ANA which made them start to actually talk to me about lupus.