rouge

Jobs Best Suited For Lupus Sufferers

Rate this Entry
Hello all

Lupus has been part of my life for most of my adult life...with many many challenges like all the WHL family. I had to stop working and realise that my body couldnt cope like when I was healthier...but there has to be some good options out there for people who are chronically ill, i just dont know what?
Has anyone got any ideias...i just wanted to put it out there...
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Rouge,

You ask an excellent question. Have you ever considered turning a hobby into a home business? I'm on full disability but I am allowed to supplement my disability pay with a part-time job. I build models for museums, and I also sell some of my models on Ebay. Planes, ships, cars, whatever the client wants. People are willing to pay fairly high prices for quality work. I do all my work at home, at my leisure, and at a pace that I set that's compatible with having SLE/MS.

Turning a hobby into a home business is one job idea that's suitable for people with a chronic illness.

It's one idea anyway,

Rob
    I am also on disability and I do the same kind of thing. I really love to be outside and I don't react too horribly to the sun, so I do dog walking/dog care for 2 people as a small paid hobby. I charge $10 per dog for half an hour of walking and I will also feed/clip nails/brush and play with their dogs if they would like me to. Its extra cash that I need and it also gives me the exercise I need, plus fresh air and happiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunniebun
    I am also on disability and I do the same kind of thing. I really love to be outside and I don't react too horribly to the sun, so I do dog walking/dog care for 2 people as a small paid hobby. I charge $10 per dog for half an hour of walking and I will also feed/clip nails/brush and play with their dogs if they would like me to. Its extra cash that I need and it also gives me the exercise I need, plus fresh air and happiness.

Thanks for your ideia, i think that is great, moving and getting exercise seems to help alot, pending on each individual...i find the biggest thing is motivation, but pets are a great motivation for sure.
    i have been searching but no luck yet...alot of online jobs are a scam
    but they reckon if it doesnt exist Create it !
    I think there is a need for jobs that are disability friendly...
    Any more ideias or suggested would be much appreciated.

hope you are well x
    Quote Originally Posted by rob
    Hi Rouge,

You ask an excellent question. Have you ever considered turning a hobby into a home business? I'm on full disability but I am allowed to supplement my disability pay with a part-time job. I build models for museums, and I also sell some of my models on Ebay. Planes, ships, cars, whatever the client wants. People are willing to pay fairly high prices for quality work. I do all my work at home, at my leisure, and at a pace that I set that's compatible with having SLE/MS.

Turning a hobby into a home business is one job idea that's suitable for people with a chronic illness.

It's one idea anyway,

Rob

Thanks rob for your input and ideia, i would like to do something i like for sure, otherwise it will be boring and wont work for sure.
    Motivation is a big thing when you are sick, sounds like you have found your perfect job.
    I just want something to help out with bills, as cost of living has gone up
    I love your ideia, and i think you got to love what you are doing whatever industry it is.
    thank you so much for your input,
    much appreciated