Saysusie

The holidays and stress

Rate this Entry
Hello WHL Family;
As we all know, stress is one of our biggest enemies and I know that, with the holidays upon us, many of us are feeling (and dealing with) additional stress. Wherever there is stress, we often find that there is also a bit of anger, some resentment, and often feelings of powerlessness.
I just want to remind everyone that the truth is: No one, but ourselves, has authority over how we feel. In all stressful situations, we have the choice of how we will react to them. These options are always freely available to us. It is true that certain consequences may follow, but the choice is still ours.
When we are unsure of ourselves, our abilities, our strengths, and our gifts, we divert ourselves with pain which then causes stress. This disease is renowned for making us unsure and for causing stress.
I believe that we all, in our hearts and souls, know how to uncover our natural happiness and one way to do this is to extend our happiness outward, like a fountain gushing forth bubbling water. As you extend (or flow) your happiness outward, you will find that you can avoid most situations that will cause you undue stress. In so doing, we have the choice and the ability to choose..let's start choosing now to give happiness, share happiness, and expect happiness.
Don't get me wrong, I know that outside forces and influences can seek to deter or delay us, but we must trust that we will be ready, each moment, for whatever comes our way. So, while we are giving, sharing, and expecting happiness (aka: love), we will build our best defenses against the ravages of stress.
Wishing you all a stress-free, pain-free, and love-filled Holiday Season
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

How true is that. It is...give what we need. I am reaching towards my immediate family, their limbs maybe short but I am still giving love. I put a little love into each cookie I made for them. My first Christmas Eve alone. It is after 9PM and I am still here. I chose the option to be happy in the moment...Merry Christmas, Carlotta...Hugs with love.
    Been so stressed this Christmas !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oluwa
    How true is that. It is...give what we need. I am reaching towards my immediate family, their limbs maybe short but I am still giving love. I put a little love into each cookie I made for them. My first Christmas Eve alone. It is after 9PM and I am still here. I chose the option to be happy in the moment...Merry Christmas, Carlotta...Hugs with love.
    I knew that you, Sweet Oluwa, would most certainly extend your happiness and love!
    May your days be filled with blessings.
    Always
    Saysusie
    Susie and Oluwa, I hope you both made it through this hard time. Good thoughts and memories of good times are the best.

Hugs to you both, two very important people in our WHL family