Saysusie

It Never Gets Easier

Rate this Entry
Hello WHL Family; It is October, again. October 2011 marking 12 yrs since the loss of my sweet Lauri. I suspect that this October will be a rather difficult month for me because I have had so many health challenges heretofore and now the stress of having to acknowledge another birthday that my sweet daughter is not here to celebrate; well, it is not helping my physical health at all.
I know that my health deteriorates each and every year at this time and, intellectually, I have made that connection. However, emotionally, I am still totally disconnected and unable to progress past the sadness. So, I steady myself and brace myself for the full-blown break down on October 10th. I pray that God will help me to smile as I just cannot cry again........
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Saysusie-
    I don't imagine it gets any easier, the birth day of your beloved daughter, yet she's not physically here to share in the celebration. But, Lauri is always close in your heart and spirit.

WHL was born as a way to honor Lauri's memory and it brought all of us
    together to educate, commiserate and build the bonds of friendship. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Lauri, I've had the pleasure of "meeting" her mother, a lovely woman whose grace and kindness have touched us all.

Thank you for sharing a glimpse of who Lauri was with us, your WHL family. We are forever indebted to you.
    Thank You Bonus Mom...I feel like a sniveling cry baby sometimes and, as I re-read my blog, I am almost ashamed to be burdening others with my pain.
    But I do thank you for reading and responding. Sending you warm hugs of gratitude

Always
    Saysusie

Quote Originally Posted by BonusMom
    Saysusie-
    I don't imagine it gets any easier, the birth day of your beloved daughter, yet she's not physically here to share in the celebration. But, Lauri is always close in your heart and spirit.

WHL was born as a way to honor Lauri's memory and it brought all of us
    together to educate, commiserate and build the bonds of friendship. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Lauri, I've had the pleasure of "meeting" her mother, a lovely woman whose grace and kindness have touched us all.

Thank you for sharing a glimpse of who Lauri was with us, your WHL family. We are forever indebted to you.
    Saysusie-I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I now no know what you meant when you said in response to my post "many of us have suffered miscarriages and even the loss of children due to this disease" I'm at a full understanding now of where WHL came from. I think it's a beautiful thing to honoro your daughter this way, and each day I am more and more grateful to have found this new family! I know this was a yr ago but another October is approaching, and I understand your emotions. My son was born and passed in September. so I'm in the same boat this time of yr (not to mention my stillbirths were July and august). I think you are a beautiful person and I will be thinking of you as her anniversary approaches. Much love, hugs and THANKS for turning your grief into a way to help others on so many levels! I hope I get to know you and your story and lauri and her story better as well! We are forever indebted to you <3

Love and blessings,
    Darla
    Updated 08-25-2012 at 10:14 AM by Deemarie1223