serand4

The Purple arms are back!

Rate this Entry
Yep, another trip to the hospital. I really think I should have a room on reserve there! I started throwing up blood on Saturday night. I can't tell you how many people asked why I was throwing up blood. Well, if I knew how not to, I'd certainly go with that alternative! I started having this unbelievable pain in my stomach and pretty soon I was in big trouble. I was going to wait until the next day to go to the ER. I wasn't losing that much blood but my son said either I go or he was calling 911. This time I called a cab - I'm getting smarter, no trying to drive myself. Besides, the nausea would hit very randomly so I couldn't really risk driving and heaving at the same time. I did find something out that was pretty important in my treatment. Valium has actually helped my breathing issues. I don't have the gasping and heaviness when I use the valium. I'm sure it's part panic attack, I've always admitted that, but this is a much more effective drug when I get into big trouble with the breathing and pain. As far as the purple arms, that's from all the pokes and IVs. I look like my arms have been put through a shredder since I'm on blood thinners. The one good thing is that everything else hurts so bad that all the IV needles don't really hurt anymore. I've met some amazing women in nursing and they took such good care of me. I hate to say it, but I'm learning how to make the most out of my hosptial stays with resting and having them cook for me. It's nice but it certainly isn't home. I'm still happiest at home, I just wish I could be healthy while I'm here. I'm always asking for prayers so if you have a moment, please keep me in mind! Thank you and God bless to all my fellow Lupusites.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hello serand4,

Hugs & Prayers going your way.
    Please feel better soon.
    I am glad you went to the hospital and not wait!

Love, Bin
    http://sillylupie.blogspot.com/