Life as a Lupie

Renewed by a deep southern charm

Rate this Entry
So I read last weeks post and feel like I've done decent on my diet (except for a couple slip-ups) and i KNOW my clothes are fitting better for sure. In 3 weeks I think that I will have lost at least 10lbs and gotten down under 200. I think I was just in absolute shock. Reading the comments I rec'd was great. Thanks for the encouragement!

This past week has been a whirlwind of excitement. I have been working on my art for about three years now. I started with jewelry, then painted for awhile, then home decor.. I just got so into it since I have a lot of spare time not working. At the begininng of football season my best friend that moved back from Colorado and I went to this collegiate apparrel store. You probably have one in the mall. I realized I could do this. I've been painting for three weeks now and my friend decided to invest in it as well as my business manager. She has a degree in internat'l business and is pretty saavy when it comes to running a business. I'm just excited that I'm finally doing what I love and being an artist. Lupus has taken a lot from me, but it's given me things as well. I would've never picked up a paint brush if I hadn't been at home sickly and bored. I even hesitantly began to try my hand at sketching and drawing the cartoon-like mascots that go with the teams we are representing and marketing. It had been in the back of my mind that I would eventually have to try and draw one of them, but I just assumed I couldn't. Well, surprise, I DID. And it turned out really good.
We were supposed to go to market this weekend, but we were too rushed. Her house that she just bought wasn't ready (NO WATER!) and it's about an hour and a half from mine, so I'd be staying with her. Also, I felt like my line wasn't completed yet. I need to make more things. Two weeks was pretty darn fast to try and get a line of items ready. BUT we are working on a website and she made me my very first set of business cards. I designed them myself and will have to show yall sometime.
I just feel renewed. I think I really have found my niche' and I want to pursue it at my own pace and I thank God he is giving me the opportunity to feel fullfillment for the first time in a REALLY LONG TIME.

Here's my card, I bleeped out my last name and phone number. Just in case someone other than buddies at this site saw it. I know it's silly, but it was a small victory for me!!

This is our first cashbox.. may it overflow.. or at least break even!! haha. (Me on the right)
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments