Lash

Newly Diagnosis

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
Hello my name is Larry and i'm 55, and was diagnosed this year 2010 with lupus. I was put in the hospital 2 times in 09 for what was thought to be a virus and to no avail was treated with antibiotics! Soon after i was dx with lupus with symptoms and a positive ana. I am taking prednisone and plaqunil, and have not had any more admissions or onsets. I have nights when i have a sticking needle like sensations acorss my abdomen, the more i touch it the more sensations! I've tried every thing from anthistamines to neurotin, i feel that this is nerve endings fireing off and just part of it! If any one else has this symptom i would love to know! I't sometimes feels like a sunburn itich! My sed rate has gone down from in the 80's to in the 20's now with meds. I feel alot better now unless i have a long day in the operating room, i am a surgical first assistant for a busy general surgeon, sometimes i ache all over if its a long day! The next day its better but i get up depressed, oh well its one symptom to another. I look forward to chating with other people like me, makes it all a little better! Thanks again for all the info i can get and remember we all know someone with LUPUS!:
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Larry,
    I was diagnosed last year but it has taken this long to get my meds to work. I have a sensation similar to what you described except it in on my thigh. I have had it for some time now and it only does it occasionally that strong. To me it feels like someone is pushing a hot nails (like a red hot 'bed of nails') into my skin. First few times I felt it, I actually looked to see if there was something burning me. I do believe I am overly sensitive to things like seams in clothes, and especially feel any folds in the sheet under me. I don't know if its part of Lupus. I have told my regular doctor and he said it was nerve endings in my skin too close to the surface. Seems like I am really sensitive to labels, seams in clothing, and things like that. Guess you could say I sometimes have a bad case of the nerves!!!