smokerscat94

depressing moments

Rate this Entry
My migraines seem to be getting more intense and more frequent, I don't know how much more I can take? They have been absolutely dibilitating! I was once again a patron of the ER last night. The Dr. of which I know pretty well is a very caring and understanding person. Blessing I know!!! I told him I felt like I could see, hear and feel my pulse all over my body. I told him to put his hands on my fore head and feel my pulse, he did and he felt it. He said that the blood vesels were dialated which causes the headaches to be more intense because the blood is rushing through my body. I truly felt like my pulse was going to explode out of my skin. Very creepy feeling! He also told me that it may take several tries to find a prophylatic migraine medicine that works for me. I sure hope that they find one soon! I really don't know how much more of this I can take! :-(

I feel so helpless, like I can't do anything for myself! In reality I can't do much for myself at all right now. I am so blessed and thankful to have a sweet, caring, and understanding husband who takes very good care of me. I feel gulity sometimes that i can't do the things he does every day for me. I may only be able to do those things a few times a month, or not at all.

I love my husband with all my heart and soul! He has been there for me like no one else could possibly be. He is a saint in my book a angel sent from heaven to be with me and take care of me. Thank you GOD for sending him to me! Amen

I am having a really tough time in dealing with all this. It seems like I just get used to one symptom and three others pop up out of nowhere. Please just give me time to adjust! It is really hard to except that this is my life, but what choice do I have....
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

[quote], but what choice do I have.... [/quote]

There are always choices. The human body is a law-abiding system: when we follow the rules we are rewarded with good health. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse, and they don't teach doctors to care about the rules in medical school. It seems to me that doctors are trained to respond to a patient's symptoms - pills are the first treatment most doctors use...

It's the rare doctor that steps out of line... Andrew Weil, M.D., comes to mind. You can read a lot of his best-seller, [i]Spontaneous Healing[/i] at books.google.com (I'd post the links, but when I tired to link somewhere in my last post, the board said I had to prove myself with a few more comments first). There are authors with better information, of course, but Dr. Weil has some good information too.

As for the migraines, these are frequently connected to abdominal dysfunction. Castor oil packs and high colonics might help.

Sincerely,
    James Knochel