MicRoMediC

Update

Rate this Entry
To some who are wondering about me...
Last week I had a follow up with rheumatologist...drew blood...put me on a methylprednisolone pack for a week. He was trying to "shock" my immune system into resetting. Apparently I've gotten worse. He says if that doesn't work, he's going to start me on low dose chemotherapy drugs which will inhibit my ability to have children. Oh well, take life one day at a time I suppose. On the upside, since the steroids my hair stopped falling out in clumps.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yes i think of you often my friend.Im sorry you have gotten worse but hopefully once the MTX i presume this will be the meds you will be on,hopefully soon you will start to get a little better.Let me know how you get on.Glad your hair has stopped falling out too.Are you still working too? Catch up with you soon.Lots of love.xxxxx
    I am still working full time 24 hours on and 48 off rotating shift. It's hard most the time and my body never really catches up on rest. When I work overtime it's 48 hours on and 24 off. As you can imagine I'm pretty exhausted when I get home. Granted we do get to sleep while we're there, we are still "on call". I'm also in nursing school so that makes it that much harder. Anyway, I'm off the steroids now and my hair has started falling out again. I hope you're doing well Angel Oliver. Thanks for replying.