tasha

Feeling MUCH Better Now!

Rate this Entry
I just had an appointment with my rheumatologist and I feel SO much better about everything now. I got some things answered, and I feel pretty good about my condition again.

The reason she increased my CellCept to 2,500 was because the blood levels in my urine have remained unchanged even though my protein levels have gone down drastically. She thinks I need the extra dosage to get the blood levels down. I'm okay with that. I was just afraid it was worse!

I also now get to decrease my prednisone to 15mg! Happy happy joy joy! She said I should be off steroids completely within 4-5 months from now. Once I get down to 10mg we'll have to decrease at lower rates, but I'm okay with that as long as it keeps going down!

She also said I can get back on birth control once I'm off the steroids and my labs are stable, and she even recommends it. I don't really mind being off birth control necessarily. Although I did tell her I've been experiencing painful sex and she said it could be a combination of being on the steroids and the fact that I just went off birth control and my body is still adjusting. She said it will get better, I just have to be patient.

I'm still going to be getting my 2nd opinion at UCLA tomorrow. Kind of excited for that

In unrelated news... I'm still enjoying my break from school! I have one more week off until summer session starts. Loving the free time... I've been going to the gym a lot, reading for pleasure (rather than textbooks), and catching up on my TV shows. Breaks rock

Aaaaaand I'm going to taco tuesday tonight at El Torito with one of my really good friends. Woohoo
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

TASHA!!! This is all great news girl!
    You should be celebrating as I am sure you will at Taco Tuesday! Tacos sound great by the way! I wish I had a taco in my life but I am waiting and will be good about the food situation. I am so excited about you meeting Dr. Louie...wasn't it? Please post or let us know how he is as I am in Los Angeles and will travel for a great doctor. Mine is in Beverly Hills, CA. She's okay I guess. I have a doctor's appt. today...hopefully my prednisone will go from 5mg to 2.5mg...I am praying and also hoping no flare ups when I do go down.
    Once again I am excited and happy to hear all the wonderful things going on in your life with school and your health! Have a wonderful day!
    Sending you gentle hugs Tasha.xxxxxxxxxxxxx