More Prednisone Tapering
by, 04-17-2009 at 11:52 PM (1258 Views)
As of yesterday I am now down to 17.5mg of prednisone. The last 2 times I tapered I ended up catching a pretty bad cold (and I'm still not completely over the most recent one I caught) so I'm hoping I don't get sick again from this. Especially because I'm leaving for camping/hiking in Yosemite tomorrow morning, which I've been looking forward to since we booked in January!
I'm a little worried because after my rheumatologist got my most recent lab results in a few days ago, she had her nurse call me and tell me to increase my CellCept to 2,500mg because there was still a lot of blood in my urine. I hope I'm not getting worse now. I couldn't speak to the rheumatologist directly to find out more details, so I'm going to have to wait until my next appointment with her on the 28th to find out. But she did say (through the nurse) that I shouldn't wait on this, that I need to increase my dose immediately. Now I'm scared. Although, she didn't say anything about going off my prednisone tapering schedule... so I guess it couldn't be TOO bad, right?
Well, for now I'm just going to enjoy myself in Yosemite and not worry about this. I'm finally on spring break after one hell of a tough semester and I'm ready to just let loose and enjoy the outdoors!