tasha

More Prednisone Tapering

Rate this Entry
As of yesterday I am now down to 17.5mg of prednisone. The last 2 times I tapered I ended up catching a pretty bad cold (and I'm still not completely over the most recent one I caught) so I'm hoping I don't get sick again from this. Especially because I'm leaving for camping/hiking in Yosemite tomorrow morning, which I've been looking forward to since we booked in January!

I'm a little worried because after my rheumatologist got my most recent lab results in a few days ago, she had her nurse call me and tell me to increase my CellCept to 2,500mg because there was still a lot of blood in my urine. I hope I'm not getting worse now. I couldn't speak to the rheumatologist directly to find out more details, so I'm going to have to wait until my next appointment with her on the 28th to find out. But she did say (through the nurse) that I shouldn't wait on this, that I need to increase my dose immediately. Now I'm scared. Although, she didn't say anything about going off my prednisone tapering schedule... so I guess it couldn't be TOO bad, right?

Well, for now I'm just going to enjoy myself in Yosemite and not worry about this. I'm finally on spring break after one hell of a tough semester and I'm ready to just let loose and enjoy the outdoors!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm so glad to hear you are well enough to enjoy a camping trip and i hope that any nasty colds and viruses stay away. Its good that the prednisone is being cut down, however i unfortunatly can relate to being sick afterward while your body is adjusting.

I'm sorry to hear about your lab results but if you look at the bright side if there was something severly wrong you would have been arranged an appiontment with your doctor and it would have been discussed. Well i hope for your sake it all works out.

Enjoy your sping break!
    glad to hear you getting lowered on your prednisone! i was also lowered. but i was lowered from 25 to 20. if i relaps...its going to happen tomorrow, and i have to work! im scared! ahh.
    im sorry to hear about your lap results. but i hope everything works out! and at least they caught whatever was wrong.

i hope you have fun on your camping trip!
    You just enjoy yourself,you so deserve it. I know you must be worried and scared, but like Hazel said it may not be as bad as you are thinking.I hope the blood begins to stop in your urine too. You just have fun for a few days now and try and enjoy! We are all here for you..sending you gentle camping hugs.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx