Conversation Between lilgumdrop and jlindsay

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hi lilgumdrop,
    I dont know of anyone else by name but my rhuematologist that diagnosed me had a couple of other patients with Lupus who also had ITP. He explained to me that even though i was initially diagnosed with ITP first that LUPUS is my main disease that causes my ITP. So really my ITP is a symptom of LUPUS. My hematologist agrees with my rheumatologist so when my platelet levels drop he refers me to my rheumatologist immediately to address the lupus "flare."
    It is true that children who are diagnosed with ITP can out grow it. However, your recent issue with blood clots could still be related to Lupus. See this article for more information:
    http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...nt-article.htm
    Let me know if you have any more questions I would be glad to chat with you further.
    Jina
  2. i just wanted to write you a message because your post caught my attention. i have never seen anyone else that has had ITP and Lupus. I had ITP when I was 10 and then it was cured I guess cause I don't have it anymore and then 2 years later I was diagnosed with Lupus, so I have had it for 11 years. I have had some doctors tell me it is related and some that say its not. I have also just recently had a blood clot in my leg back in August. I just wanted to mention it to you. I don't know if you have ever come across with anyone else like that. Anyways, have a nice day!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2