All Blog Entries

1. Any thoughts about Benlysta?

Hi I was diagnosed with Lupus SLE after asking about my red face at the dermatologists visit. It sure did explain why I had no energy, stamina,ran fevers had aches and pains that come and go for years.
    I had thought it was normal to have back pain or leg pain, you see I was in a car accident and had my back fused and a few years later had a motorcycle accident and had my hand fused back together so I thought I was just getting older.
    Now that I know I have been on Plaquenil and Prednisone ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New to Lupus

I was diagnosed about a year ago with Lupus, Sjrogens, and osteoarthritis, I've been taking plaquenil for almost a year, thank god no side effects, recently I was diagnosed with Mortons Neurona, WOW so much pain, I'm trying to avoid the injections, its been three weeks And I'm still having pain, not as much as before but its still hard to walk normal, any suggestions
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. new to lupus

Quote Originally Posted by sar View Post
    hi, I just found out a few months ago that I have lupus and started taking plaquenil. I know it's a progressive medicine so I was wondering if I should now be staying away from alcohol seeing as I've been on the medicine for a while and I don't have a very high alcohol tolerance anyway. any helpful advice helps!!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Why????

I'm feeling very alone right now; I know it's just a downer because I've been flaring and can't seem to get back on my feet. The pain in my hip and leg was unbearable today but I pushed through it as usual. Now myshoulder and arm on my good side is acting up. I hurts much I want to cry but I know it will do no good. Every one just wants me to be healthily. At least as healthily as I can be. But I hurt too much to exercise . I still try though. But I hurt and I want to cry and I feel so alone- ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Updates on Lupus Nephritis Treatment

I recently came across a question about Rituximab on another online forum (Lupus UK) and was curious about this medication. So I began to investigate. As is usual with me, I went down many paths. None of these led to a productive discussion on Rituximab. However, I did learn a lot about lupus nephritis. Below is summarized (from my own blog) some of the most recent thinking about treating this quite common and very serious aspect of systemic lupus--up to 60% of people diagnosed with systemic lupus ...
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast