All Blog Entries

1. Hello Family

I know many of you have been wondering about my absence, so I thought that I would pop in to write this blog to share with all of you. Right now, I am facing a challenge as I've been diagnosed with breast cancer. This diagnosis has been an upheaval in my life and a traumatic one for all of my family and friends. As you can imagine, I have not been able to function properly since the diagnosis. As such, I have not been here because I felt so useless and unable to provide much support, comfort, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. the REAL cost of Lupus

What do I mean by the real cost?
    Lupus costs in every way!

Lupus causes us many difficulties.
    Lupus causes us many hard ships.
    Lupus causes our health to fail.

All of these things are a cost of having Lupus.
    These are not what I am referring to.

As humans we identify people by there traits and personalities.
    We say this is a kind old woman,
    Or he is a grumpy old may.
    Even she is a busy body.
    These traits make ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Steroid Information

I came across two articles that had a lot of information about steroid use, including dose equivalents, drug interactions and potential for adrenal suppression.

One of the sources (Primary Care Medicine: Office Evaluation and Management of the Adult Patient, 6th Edition Chapter 105, Glucocorticoid Therapy) can be found at http://www.dermaamin.com/site/images...sid621819.html.

For the other source (Chapter 14-Glucocorticoid Therapy and ...
  4. Moving

by , 10-06-2012 at 07:30 AM (Living Life With Lupus Nephritis)
    Yeah so I finally struck up the courage to ask my social worker and kidney doctor to put me in a group home about a month ago. I'm still living with one of my good sisters but I'm getting ready to make that big move into an AFC home. Strangely, I am very excited because after the group home I will be in independent living, and after that I will totally be on my own. I've never been on my own before. I really am looking forward to that. I guess I'll really have to be diligent on waking myself up, ...
    Categories
    True Stories
  5. Any thoughts about Benlysta?

Hi I was diagnosed with Lupus SLE after asking about my red face at the dermatologists visit. It sure did explain why I had no energy, stamina,ran fevers had aches and pains that come and go for years.
    I had thought it was normal to have back pain or leg pain, you see I was in a car accident and had my back fused and a few years later had a motorcycle accident and had my hand fused back together so I thought I was just getting older.
    Now that I know I have been on Plaquenil and Prednisone ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast