All Blog Entries

1. First Month -- 30/30 rule

by , 11-16-2010 at 08:04 AM (Journey to my first half marathon.)
    Ok so the first month was rocky! No surprises there.
    The program I followed went like this:
    walk for 15 minutes in one direction, then run for 30 seconds, walk for 30 seconds all the way back.

This is the ultimate beginner runner's workout. it went ok for the most part, except for the week off due too bronchitis!!!. Geez can I please catch a break! Ive actually felt a difference physically after the first month,, not much tho. definitely not ready for the half marathon ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rationale for my madness

by , 11-16-2010 at 07:56 AM (Journey to my first half marathon.)
    Ive recently changed jobs, close to the beach. And its here that my story begins. Every evening and morning there are countless runners going about, jogging. I thought I'd join the craze, and in the process lose 20 kgs, and gain some browney points

Soooo, Ive gotten the shoes, awesome deal at Edgars, two pairs of ascics for the price of one. The gods were calling, even got the cool T-shirt and shorts.

And so the the rest of my life begins
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Mom Has Lupus.

My mom is on this site, so she will probably read this. But im not going to let that stop me, cause i really need to find someone who can help me like she has herself. She isnt better by any means, but she is less down. I need that. I don't know what to say entirely but i guess I'll just wing it. since i can remember my mom has been sick. But when i was younger she hid it. She led my grl scout troop and chapperoned my field trips. Then it got worse. she was more irritable and stopped doing things. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Its just not fair. Help.

Quote Originally Posted by neonlilies View Post
    Hi, I am new to this site. My mom pointed it out after one of our recent fights and said maybe someone could help me. She has lupus. She was diagnosed about five years ago i guess when i was ten or eleven. We were really close and had probably the best mother daughter relationship ever. Before she was diagnosed i remember her getting sick alot and saying she hurt but hiding it and still being a normal mom. Then afer, things changed. She stopped trying i guess. Then i was forced to grow up fast,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Conflicting thoughts today

A couple of days ago my rheum doctor told me I don't have Lupus. She's been treating me for it since June but when my lung doctor called her because he feared I had shrinking lung disease, she essentially acted like I was crazy and that she never said I had Lupus. My primary doc is sure I have Lupus but the lung doctor was pretty hot under the collar, as if I would lie about something like that. Exactly why would I do that?

I see my primary doc next week and will find a new rheum. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast