All Blog Entries

1. Medicine Confusion

For the past two days the only thought that consistently rings in my head is, "I want my mom." My mom is close by and easily accessible. But when I'm sick and in pain, somehow it seems like she can make me feel better. I've been cutting back on my prednisone significantly and it seems like every decrease in prednisone causes a dramatic increase in the pain of my fibromyalgia. Earlier today all I could think is, "God, please make my lower body go numb." I had forgotten how ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Good evening to everyone, a happy hello from a new member!

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Star View Post
    My name is Shaista. I write a blog at http://shaistatayabali.blogspot.com
    The title of the blog is Lupus in Flight, which is always my intention and my hope - to somehow find the wings to fly beyond these seemingly limited skies. Hoping to find friends and advocates here, for a better future.
    I was diagnosed with SLE in 1997 and have since acquired acute steroid induced glaucoma, retinal and peripheral vasculitis, necrotizing lymphadenitis, pleural and pericardial effusions, lymphadenopathy...
    Tags: ivig, rituximab Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tired of the pain

This winter has been especially hard for me. I have new symptoms and I feel afraid much of the time. Trying to do some Christmas shopping this year was horrific. I got stuck standing in line and suddenly it felt as though the muscles were being torn from my spine. I barely made it back to the car with my friend, and I cried almost all of the way home.
    I had taken one of my long acting pain meds before shopping in anticipation of problems that I knew I had. Nothing could of prepared me for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Swelling of cutlcles on my fingers

Has anyone had this problem, my fingers around the cuticle are so tender and swollen that it looks like an ulcer wants to come in, but ive tried topical creams seems not to do anything and i try not to bump them because the pain is great. I feel like I smashed my fingers in a drawer, ouch!! If you have any suggestions please let me know

Thanking you
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Some Normality, Some Insanety

Overall, it's been an astonishingly great week! I've been lucid and awake - things some people take for granted! I've gone from 30mg of Prednisone to 15mg and it's been surprisingly easy. I'm supposed to be off it sometime soon. I plan to take my time. It's my body and while I'll take your direction, I'm not going to suffer needlessly in the process.

No one is clear on my diagnosis but I've decided to stop worrying about it. I know it's got to be autoimmune. Every morning I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast