All Blog Entries

1. Some Normality, Some Insanety

Overall, it's been an astonishingly great week! I've been lucid and awake - things some people take for granted! I've gone from 30mg of Prednisone to 15mg and it's been surprisingly easy. I'm supposed to be off it sometime soon. I plan to take my time. It's my body and while I'll take your direction, I'm not going to suffer needlessly in the process.

No one is clear on my diagnosis but I've decided to stop worrying about it. I know it's got to be autoimmune. Every morning I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Why am I taking meds if I still hurt

by , 01-05-2011 at 04:38 AM (Why, with all the meds, do I still hurt?)
    Why, with all the meds, do I still hurt?
    I have been reading some blogs here and see alot of different things going on. Some people are, like me, have joint pain and fatigue everyday all day. Some people are running marathons. Some people have good days.
    Are we all on the same kind of meds? Why is it that I have been taking all these meds (and changing meds) and I find no relief at all. Would I be worst off if I weren't taking any? Do people in remission still take all the meds? And ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Just when you think you know the rules the game changes

As much as I adore this site I haven't been on it in awhile. There are several reasons for that, the holiday season being a big one. My daughter was chosen as a student ambassador to Australia/New Zealand and we have of course been working on a lot of fund raising ideas for that. I hate asking people for money, but with only the retirement coming in right now it's the only way she is going to get to go on this trip, and this trip could open a lot of other opportunities. It frustrates me that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Moderation, Moderation.......

by , 01-03-2011 at 01:51 PM (Journey to my first half marathon.)
    Seems I over did it a bit sigh. Think im gna taper down to 2 running workouts a week, and a swimming session in between.
    Or... it could just be the hot weather getting to me
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. New year, new me, Marathon here I come

by , 01-01-2011 at 09:51 AM (Journey to my first half marathon.)
    I cant believe it, my next scheduled run is only tomorrow, and I cant wait . The after run "haze" as i like to call it, is AMAZING!

By the end of this month i hope to be able to run a mile without stopping

excited! cant wait

I got the gear, proper running shoes , and its me and the open road.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast