All Blog Entries

1. More Prednisone Tapering

As of yesterday I am now down to 17.5mg of prednisone. The last 2 times I tapered I ended up catching a pretty bad cold (and I'm still not completely over the most recent one I caught) so I'm hoping I don't get sick again from this. Especially because I'm leaving for camping/hiking in Yosemite tomorrow morning, which I've been looking forward to since we booked in January!

I'm a little worried because after my rheumatologist got my most recent lab results in a few days ago, she ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. April 17th, 2009

Heyy Everyone!
    soo i have really good news! my bloodwork came back yesterday, but i didn't get a chance to post another blog yesterday. he said my numbers are even better and my creatine [however you spell that?!] went from 40 to i believe 27, which was the biggest drop yet! i am not taking 20 mg of prednisone.
    im scared tho because i always relaps a day or two after i switch my dose, which will be sunday, and i have work on sunday! ughh!!!
    i actually had a meeting today, and
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. April 15, 2009

Heyy Everyone!
    so as i've mentioned before, for cheer--we all had to re-try out, to prove that we can still do everything we've done in the past season, and i MADE it!! i was soo happy! that just proved to me, that lupus infact-wont hold me back from doing things that i love to do!
    mann i wish my morning started off better, see, last night-i fell asleep on the couch watching tv, and my mom tried to wake me up, but once im asleep-im stubburn i wont move! so i ended up beign
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Now what?

So I guess I am feeling guilty for complaining about my husband. I feel bad for being upset with him for two reasons . . . First of all, he works his butt off 6 days a week so I really dont want for much. Do we have every material thing we want, of course not, but we pretty much enjoy life. Secondly, (this one is more complicated) Should I be upset with him for not being able to understand something that he has absolutely no concept of? He has never really been sick. (other than a cold or the flu) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. We Have Lupus Dedication - Lauri's Bio

Lauriís Lupus Story
    This is Lauriís story, as told and presented here by her mother, who is also the moderator of this forum. So, forgive me if the story becomes emotional or perhaps even clinical in my effort to tell you about her life, her bravery and the legacy of compassion, love and integrity that she left for us, her family.
    Lauriís Lupus story started much like many of you; with various illnesses which we could not define nor could we find a reason ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast