All Blog Entries

1. Sometimes it's time to cry

I was raised not to cry. My mom is a beautiful person and very caring and loving but crying always freaked her out and she'd do everything in her power to make us stop. A therapist once told me it was because it was something she was powerless over and couldn't make us feel better so not crying made her feel like she had healed the pain. As I've grown and had a child of my own, I've made it very clear that crying is extremely okay in my house! I think tears are God's version of pain pills -- ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. trying for a baby

Ive had lupus for 11 years, just turned 25 on monday and have been thinkin about starting a family, everytime I ask the doc, I'm always told that it would be very difficult for both me and the baby and could probably make my health a lot worse than it is. I really dont want lupus to dictate this part of my life, it has dictated everyother aspect of my life, I used to be a sporty child and had my life mapped out all I ever wanted to do is join the police and have kids, obv i cant join the police ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. It's a beautiful Fall day

I may not be able to go sit in the sun but it sure is nice to open all the windows in the house and smell fresh air and watch the leaves fall from the trees. Naturally, I wish I could be out raking and trimming the tree branches but I just figure that maybe next year I can do a bit more. My son is out with his "Big Brother" doing fun things so I can indulge in a very lazy day. I took a shower and did my makeup and that may be the biggest accomplishments I make today!

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Heaven can turn to hell!

I haven't been out of the house for anything other than doctor's appointments or groceries in well over a month. My poor son, who was accustomed to doing something fun every weekend and running our errands during the evenings when I got home from work, has really had to deal with big changes in our world. It was like I was diagnosed with Lupus in June and it's been one big roller coaster of hospital stays and me being too weak to do much more than just basics ever since. Anyway, I just got out ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Renewed by a deep southern charm

So I read last weeks post and feel like I've done decent on my diet (except for a couple slip-ups) and i KNOW my clothes are fitting better for sure. In 3 weeks I think that I will have lost at least 10lbs and gotten down under 200. I think I was just in absolute shock. Reading the comments I rec'd was great. Thanks for the encouragement!

This past week has been a whirlwind of excitement. I have been working on my art for about three years now. I started with jewelry, then painted ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast