All Blog Entries

1. God's will

I'm not a fluid writer anymore and there is so little advice can offer advice with any authority. I often wonder what I would be like in a work setting. Would I be that woman that drives everyone crazy? You and I know her/him. Always the know it all but seldom correct. Anymore I don't jump into conversations because even if I'm certain of the topic, I won't get the full sentence out before I forget what I was saying. Today my son was reliving one of our favorite programs that was just on last ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mood floods

I swear, today has been one huge tidal way washing back and forth like water in a bathtub! I woke up this morning and felt pretty good. I didn't have any particular desire to go back to bed which is a first in many, many months. I was hungry, which is not new but I didn't choke on anything and that's new. Eventually I did wear out and went to bed. I woke up to a message from my mom that said, "oh, I suppose you're still sleeping..." I shouldn't be sensitive about this. She wasn't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Strange, strange, strange

This whole mess, Lupus or whatever it is, just has to be the most confusing, confounding and downright troubling syndrom there is! First I'm diagnosed with it, now when the Plaquenil starts to work I'm told I don't have it. Oh, and let's not forget the diagnosis of Shrinking Lung Syndrom where the doctor flipped out when my rheum suddenly decided I didn't have Lupus. It was as if I conjured up this huge lie that encompassed the oxygen intake tests and everything. Oh come on!

So, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Month2 -- November 2010

by , 11-16-2010 at 08:11 AM (Journey to my first half marathon.)
    Now this is interesting
    3 times a week, I need to run and gradually increase the times i Run and decrease the times I walk.
    Not a bad plan!
    been doin it for two weeks, walk 2 mins, run 1 minute, week 1, then walk a minute run a minute, week 2.

After week 1 I felt so confident I signed up for the 20km discovery big walk challenge.
    Yes! I walked for 20 kms, took me two and a half hours. and despite my initial fears, what if fatigue sets in, what if joints ...

Updated 11-16-2010 at 08:16 AM by Morpheus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. First Month -- 30/30 rule

by , 11-16-2010 at 08:04 AM (Journey to my first half marathon.)
    Ok so the first month was rocky! No surprises there.
    The program I followed went like this:
    walk for 15 minutes in one direction, then run for 30 seconds, walk for 30 seconds all the way back.

This is the ultimate beginner runner's workout. it went ok for the most part, except for the week off due too bronchitis!!!. Geez can I please catch a break! Ive actually felt a difference physically after the first month,, not much tho. definitely not ready for the half marathon ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast