All Blog Entries

1. Lupus diagnosis advice

by , 12-31-2010 at 12:58 AM (Why, with all the meds, do I still hurt?)
    Quote Originally Posted by terriaw44 View Post
    I'm new to this site. I have been sick since October of 2009. I went to the doctors in January of 2010 for the fatigue, depression and overall pain. My doc ordered blood tests, they came back showing postive ana, low vitamin D, high cholesteral..can't remember some of the other things. He sent me to a rheumatologist (my spelling sucks!). This doc has run blood tests, same results, which still didn't give info for a definitive diagonisis. I had an MRI, which showed something in the white matter-they
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Not another day in paradise

It's another day of utterly pure, profound fatigue. The phone rings around 10:30am and I can barely move to get up and get it. When I do, the caller has already hung up. I can feel the tiredness hang around my shoulders like a rock-solid cape. I do what I always do, I grab a soda and pray that the caffiene in the soda will perk me up but it doesn't. Nothing does. My mom calls soon after and honestly, I'm not in the mood to pretend like I feel well. I want to go back to bed so I start the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tired Lupie

Before the fun even starts ... I'm already tired. I still want to go get wrapping paper and maybe one more thing for my mom and my hubby, but wow.. fatigue has hit me like a ton of bricks today. I hope that I can muster up the strength before it's too late. I hate pushing myself when I know there are things I HAVE to do. I took a therapeutic dose of prednisone and I'm hoping that it will work. I have one more before I need a refill. Ugh. I just miss the good ole days when Christmas was spent ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Last minute lupie

I have waited until the last minute to do Christmas shopping. I cannot stand going out and doing it. I have to get my mom and dad something and also my husband. I know what I'm getting them.. mostly.. I just have to get out and do it. #1 I hate the traffic #2 I hate the crowds #3 I sweat and hurt after two steps so it's extremely difficult. I should be ignoring that and going anyway, but dang..it's all I think about. I will try to be more positive though. Starting to work has been good for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. ANother Psych Appt.

This time it was with the state. Gee, let's consolidate folks and save some money and time! But he was nice enough and it went fast enough. I'm just the proverbial fish they're stringing along!

Oh, I also have the follow up appt. with my second rheum doctor on MOnday. She took a ton of new blood tests and wants me to come in for the results. No telling what that will mean. I'll just take it all one day at a time. NO MORE BAD NEWS!

I hope all is well with everyone ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast